GL1800Riders Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
Someone who bottom-out on a pot hole suggested/and did to put the setting on solo/baggage. That has been working for me. I rode like that for a long while and then switched back to just 'solo' and I did not like it, so I put it back on solo/baggage

·
Registered
5 Posts
As far as I know the Honda software upgrade is only for the navigation system. There is no software upgrade to make the DCT 2018 models like the DCT 2020 which is mostly small hardware (and maybe firmware) changes. But the placebo effect is real, so I'm not suprised your 2018 now feels better ;)
I updated my 2018 DCT Tour to the new release ver 19.....The maps are updated , didn’t notice any difference in shifting.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Ok so We just got our 2018 DCT base with 1300 miles on it. I noticed it had 17.x.x.x.x software on it and the newest version was 19.x.x.x so I downloaded it and installed it. Before the upgrade, the shifting was a bit rough and Clunky is the best way to describe it, not the same as the 2020 demo I rode. All I can say is post 19.x.x.x.x software it now shifts like butter. Anyone else notice this? I saw the other software post but thought this was a bit different. I am glad it worked as Fred said if you do not have the old software do not install the new. I did not know that.
My 2018 DCT Tour is electric motor smooth, I have no need to change anything.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Someone who bottom-out on a pot hole suggested/and did to put the setting on solo/baggage. That has been working for me. I rode like that for a long while and then switched back to just 'solo' and I did not like it, so I put it back on solo/baggage
I think it depends on how much emotional baggage you are carrying.

G.

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
I think it depends on how much emotional baggage you are carrying.

G.

Why, no wonder I bottom out without the baggge setting!!! But its not so much that the one luggage icon setting doesn't take care of. ... thanks dude! ... and I was gonna waste money on therapy so I could ride on solo setting ... no need

21 - 26 of 26 Posts