GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to share some information I found out from the dealer about Android Auto on the 2021.

It turns out that you STILL have to download the update from the Honda site. For whatever reason they didn't see fit to include the software in the new builds. The manual does NOT reflect this requirement.

The dealer struggled to figure it out as well and finally waited an hour and a half to speak to someone at Honda who told him you still have to download and install it.

I didn't want others to struggle as I did. Hope this helps 2021 owners realize we need to follow the same process as the prior-year bikes.

Regards,
Vector

·
Registered
2021 Red/Black Goldwing Tour DCT
715 Posts
It works fine on my 2021 and I know they didn't download it. :confused:

·
Registered
56 Posts
I downloaded the ROW update when Android Auto was released. Speaking to the Service Manager about it a couple of weeks ago, he had no idea what I was talking about and did not know that you can update. Canberra, Australia. Then they wonder why you do your own servicing. lol

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ed, That is interesting. It makes me wonder if yours was built after mine and they had started doing the update.

Fred, thanks for the info. Mine is still at the dealer so I cannot tell you the firmware and mapset version. I will check it when I get back into town and pick it up.

So at this point not sure whether mine is an anomaly or related to build date or ...

At any rate, thanks for the replies and improving the collective (or at least my) knowledge!

Regards,
Vector

·
Registered
125 Posts
I downloaded the ROW update when Android Auto was released. Speaking to the Service Manager about it a couple of weeks ago, he had no idea what I was talking about and did not know that you can update. Canberra, Australia. Then they wonder why you do your own servicing. lol

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk
Exactly the same here in Brisbane (all three dealers). It's pathetic. I certainly won't be bothering their service departments. They have no clue about the product so how could you trust them to service an air filter for example.

Been enjoying the AA update since last June!

·
Registered
23 Posts
My 2021 has a build date of January, 2021. I picked it up at the dealer this past Saturday. Android Auto works. Or at least it does once I figured out the proper way to pair my headset.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts