·
Registered
603 Posts
Strange.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Same bike but a DCT.
I may run down to Daytona tomorrow. If I do it will have highway pegs added.
So, you prefer your old Harley, but you may run down to Daytona on the Goldwing...racking up another 1,500+ plus miles on a bike you want to sell, but still haven't posted actual pictures of yet?

I'm with @BrokeBackJack ...weird

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My “old” Harley is a 2017, not so old.
No, I won’t be riding the wing down, my son will instead of his sporty.
as for the miles, I bought it, I’ll use as I like until I sell it.
Is there a certain picture you’d like taken when I post them since this all seems so “weird”?

·
Registered
453 Posts
My “old” Harley is a 2017, not so old.
No, I won’t be riding the wing down, my son will instead of his sporty.
as for the miles, I bought it, I’ll use as I like until I sell it.
Is there a certain picture you’d like taken when I post them since this all seems so “weird”?
"old" was your word in the original post.

Yes, it's odd to list a bike with 1,800 miles, period. Then it's odd to say you're going to basically double the miles before you sell it by going on a trip while you're trying to sell it. It's odd to list a bike with a picture of another bike, then say you'll pull it out of the garage and provide actual pictures "tomorrow" (today) so I come looking for pictures and find out you're riding the bike to Daytona.

There was slim chance I was interested in the bike, but that's gone. I don't have any hard feelings...wish you luck. It is your bike, ride it as you see fit. I just have different views on how to go about selling stuff which doesn't matter...until you're trying to sell something to me.

·
Registered
8,514 Posts
With the rise in scammers all over the place, including this board, you really can't blame people for being suspicious. Especially when you post a picture of the wrong bike in the ad. If I were you, I'd abandon this ad and create a new one. I'd also look at other ads to see how they look. Think about what you would want to know and see if you were interested in making a major purchase like this. People want pictures. The more the better.

Here's an example of what a good ad looks like: 2008 GL1800 with ABS and Navigation - Illinois $7900

·
Registered
70 Posts
The Goldwing is looking dapper!! And it looks as if the “old” Harley is falling apart and it hasn’t even left for the trip yet 🙂 just messin‘ with ya’

·
Registered
326 Posts
Americans sure have all the toys! There is NO way a truck driver here in Canada could afford not one, but 2 expensive motorcycles! I am wondering if you liked the Harley why didn't you rent or test drive a Goldwing extensively before shelling out so much money?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Americans sure have all the toys! There is NO way a truck driver here in Canada could afford not one, but 2 expensive motorcycles! I am wondering if you liked the Harley why didn't you rent or test drive a Goldwing extensively before shelling out so much money?
I went to buy a new CVO, but my local dealer irritated me so much I bought the Wing.
I don’t hate the wing, it’s the seating position that is so different that bothers me.The wife wants a slingshot anyway, so there will be another bike added to the stable regardless if I sell this one or not.
At worst case I will just keep the wing and use it as a sport tourer solo. The wife hates the back seat.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Seems to be a lot of people hate the seats on the newer Honda's.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I went to buy a new CVO, but my local dealer irritated me so much I bought the Wing.
I don’t hate the wing, it’s the seating position that is so different that bothers me.The wife wants a slingshot anyway, so there will be another bike added to the stable regardless if I sell this one or not.
At worst case I will just keep the wing and use it as a sport tourer solo. The wife hates the back seat.
Ah understand now, shame you had to go thru all that time and expense! I wish I could help you and buy your bike but the import costs into Canada are prohibitive. Good luck I am sure you'll sell it if you haven't already.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts