GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,632 Posts
Max your video is a little deceiving. The bike has the Honda extended arm rest on it. This comes standard only with the airbag model. The others do not have it. Take those stupid things off & the co rider can easily reach the grab handles

·
Vendor
2,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Max your video is a little deceiving. The bike has the Honda extended arm rest on it. This comes standard only with the airbag model. The others do not have it. Take those stupid things off & the co rider can easily reach the grab handles
Virtually everyone with a Goldwing has passenger armrests. To suggest they are stupid, is well...

The passenger armrests have literally nothing to do at all with the passengers not being able to reach the grabrails.

If there was no problem as you suggest, people wouldn't be buying my kits, which are expensive. There is a problem, and I have the cure. The only exception being a very skinny wife, which is uncommon on a Goldwing.

·
Registered
201 Posts
“””The only exception being a very skinny wife, which is uncommon on a Goldwing.”””

That kind of statement isn’t going to win you any new customers if the pillion occupiers are reading the forum !

Reactions: Max McAllister

·
Vendor
2,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
“””The only exception being a very skinny wife, which is uncommon on a Goldwing.”””

That kind of statement isn’t going to win you any new customers if the pillion occupiers are reading the forum !
Women can't WAIT to get to Traxxion Dynamics. They are RAVING supporters of our suspension, and they love our grab rail kit. Line up 10 American female passengers at Wing Ding, and let me know what percentage of them are 110 pounds and built like a Japanese woman. Facts are facts. We have big gals at our shop every week. None of them have ever left mad.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Virtually everyone with a Goldwing has passenger armrests. To suggest they are stupid, is well...

The passenger armrests have literally nothing to do at all with the passengers not being able to reach the grabrails.

If there was no problem as you suggest, people wouldn't be buying my kits, which are expensive. There is a problem, and I have the cure. The only exception being a very skinny wife, which is uncommon on a Goldwing.
grab handles? these are only for putting the bike on the center stand and to mount your thermos holder..Right?? Whatever they are, they are much better than the rubber things on previous generation Goldwing's and they are no longer mounted to the seat...:) The back seat is actually just a platform for additional luggage to make up for the tiny side cases and the grab handles function very well as bungee tie down points.
Watching all your videos on how to work on my just received 2021 DCT Tour, as it came from the factory with missing inside cowl screws, loose windshield adjuster arms, broken rubber bushing behind left cylinder cover, rattling of the cheap sheet metal exhaust covers. Just ordered the backrest block and the seat screws from you. Thanks for all you do!:cool::cool:

·
Registered
833 Posts
Women can't WAIT to get to Traxxion Dynamics. They are RAVING supporters of our suspension, and they love our grab rail kit. Line up 10 American female passengers at Wing Ding, and let me know what percentage of them are 110 pounds and built like a Japanese woman. Facts are facts. We have big gals at our shop every week. None of them have ever left mad.
You got that right! Most women today, especially the younger generation don't know what it's like to rattle a few pots and pans. Prior to the internet we use to call them 10-digit chef's. You know the ones, they ordered in for delivery or made reservations over the phone. Thankfully we now have the internet and it makes it easier for them to strap on the feedbag and switch to autopilot while mindlessly grazing. Gotta love technology!

In all seriousness, who really care if a women has a little bit of baby fat, we all do. The bottom line is it's nice to have options to make them more comfortable while on the bike with you. No way I'm going to spend all that money for a bike and have my enjoyment ruined with a bunch of complaining because she's not comfortable. Nobody should be subjected to second hand misery, especially if there's an inexpensive cure. How much is your stomach lining worth?:cool:

·
Vendor
2,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You got that right! Most women today, especially the younger generation don't know what it's like to rattle a few pots and pans. Prior to the internet we use to call them 10-digit chef's. You know the ones, they ordered in for delivery or made reservations over the phone. Thankfully we now have the internet and it makes it easier for them to strap on the feedbag and switch to autopilot while mindlessly grazing. Gotta love technology!

In all seriousness, who really care if a women has a little bit of baby fat, we all do. The bottom line is it's nice to have options to make them more comfortable while on the bike with you. No way I'm going to spend all that money for a bike and have my enjoyment ruined with a bunch of complaining because she's not comfortable. Nobody should be subjected to second hand misery, especially if there's an inexpensive cure. How much is your stomach lining worth?:cool:
Eventually both the rider and the passenger should get sick of the passenger clacking her helmet against the back of the driver because she has nothing to hold on to...

·
Premium Member
19,632 Posts
2018 Wing with 2020 Arm Grabs

Max I have your suspension . I just don't like the Starship Enterprise Grab Handles you produce

You said that "virtually everyone has passenger arm rests". I have had three wings since 2005 and ride with a lot of wing riders. I know of no one with arm rests

a.png

·
Premium Member
19,632 Posts
My bike as stated has no added passenger arm rest, it is a stock seat. It is stock in that area

I do have the newer OEM 2020 Grab Arms

1 - 13 of 13 Posts