GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 163 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
8,334 Posts
Digging the gray bagger color scheme. Looks like the complaints were heard loud and clear and Honda came through
Yes, and the complaints wouldn't have been heard if people kept quiet about them. Let that be a lesson to those who complain about the complainers. ;)

·
Registered
575 Posts
I wonder if they moved the rear trunk back an inch or two allowing the passenger use of the entire rear seating area? We went with the 18 Standard DCT because my girlfriend wanted the extra passenger room available on long trips.

·
Registered
2018 Honda Gold Wing
8,030 Posts
Kind of looks like Honda did what Corbin did with the trunk lid...it would had been nice to be able to buy the trunk lid to upgrade your current bike if you desired but Honda changed colors..not really liking the colors with the tour model....wish Honda would had addressed the dash panel that gets fine scratches from normal cleaning.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Looks like they still haven't fixed the trunk. If you look cloce the two helmets are 3/4 not full face . Notice how niether the rider nor passenger are facing the camera when they put on the helmets.

Reactions: Hoopdc

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Looks like they still haven't fixed the trunk. If you look cloce the two helmets are 3/4 not full face . Notice how niether the rider nor passenger are facing the camera when they put on the helmets.
At the 1:34 mark you'll see two full face helmets in the trunk:

·
Registered
911 Posts
If you read the screenshot in Post #3, text says trunk size is increased by 11 litres.

Tim

·
Registered
521 Posts
The larger trunk looks great! Who ever designed the first trunk, being just a bit too small for two full sized helmets should have been replaced/fired (maybe he was). The new trunk looks quite a bit wider, but still fits a goldwing and is now useful.
Good job Honda!

Now make the bags, fairing and windshield bigger! 🤪 Come on, that's funny.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
I'm glad Honda fixed the luggage capacity issues....that alone is enough to bring me back into the Goldwing family. You can keep the electronics (a.k.a. distraction devices) and I'm glad the XM antenna is now standard. My only beef at this point is the color choices for the Tour model.....red & black? C'mon Honda.....you can do better with the colors.

·
Registered
908 Posts
If you read the screenshot in Post #3, text says trunk size is increased by 11 litres.

Tim
Don't care if they made it 11 litres larger . It appears from the video that it still wont hold two full face helmets. Or are you claiming it will.

·
Registered
19,408 Posts
Nice improvements. On the Honda video the bike is so dark I thought there was something wrong with the video lighting

·
Registered
908 Posts
At the 1:34 mark you'll see two full face helmets in the trunk:
Nice but that is a different video. The first video shows two 3/4 helmets . But form the video you posted it does appear they fixed that complaint. Should have done that on the 2018 model.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Don't care if they made it 11 litres larger . It appears from the video that it still wont hold two full face helmets. Or are you claiming it will.
Not making any claims. Just stating a fact. Using logic, 11-litres = 2.91 U.S. gallons. I'm thinking if the topcase on my '19 Tour had an additional 2.91 gallons capacity, could it POSSIBLY hold 2 fullface helmets? I'm thinking yes. Can you imagine the corporate blunder it would be if Honda were to increase the topcase size and still not hold two ff helmets?

Again, pure speculation, but my guess is it will be large enough to hold 2 FF helmets. I'll bet you a beverage of your choice it does.

Tim

1 - 20 of 163 Posts