GL1800Riders Forums banner

2021 goldwing video is up

16K views 162 replies 55 participants last post by  ShanghaiDan 
#1 ·

#5 ·
Yes, and the complaints wouldn't have been heard if people kept quiet about them. Let that be a lesson to those who complain about the complainers. ;)

#37 ·
They DID !! And, the pasenger seat backrest angle has been adjusted too for more comfort. Something like the current 17 degrre angle to a 22 degree angle ?? Something like that. That area is also higher allowing more of one's back to be resting on it.

#7 ·
Kind of looks like Honda did what Corbin did with the trunk lid...it would had been nice to be able to buy the trunk lid to upgrade your current bike if you desired but Honda changed colors..not really liking the colors with the tour model....wish Honda would had addressed the dash panel that gets fine scratches from normal cleaning.

#8 ·
Looks like they still haven't fixed the trunk. If you look cloce the two helmets are 3/4 not full face . Notice how niether the rider nor passenger are facing the camera when they put on the helmets.

Reactions: Hoopdc
#9 ·
Thanks for posting.....Nice to see Honda continue to support the Goldwing and add tweaks on every model year.

They seriously could of used a better voiceover though......

#12 ·
The larger trunk looks great! Who ever designed the first trunk, being just a bit too small for two full sized helmets should have been replaced/fired (maybe he was). The new trunk looks quite a bit wider, but still fits a goldwing and is now useful.
Good job Honda!

Now make the bags, fairing and windshield bigger! 🤪 Come on, that's funny.

#14 ·
I'm glad Honda fixed the luggage capacity issues....that alone is enough to bring me back into the Goldwing family. You can keep the electronics (a.k.a. distraction devices) and I'm glad the XM antenna is now standard. My only beef at this point is the color choices for the Tour model.....red & black? C'mon Honda.....you can do better with the colors.

#21 ·
No specutation need b206driver already posted a video showing it will hold two FFhelmets.

#22 ·
This might bring me back from the HD Road Glide, I just wish the Tour had the cool colors that the non-tour has. Nit pick for sure.

#23 ·
I wonder if Honda will throw us 2018+ owners a few crumbs and offer a small software upgrade to our infotainment systems at some point? That would be nice.

A 10 litre upgrade to trunk storage should definitely move some of the more reticent old timers into a new GW, right?😉

#31 ·
The Tour in all blacked out look.......
My wife....."That is sooooo Gross"

I've got to agree with her.......don't understand that dismal look.
I love my 2019 red/black Airbag tour but come on Honda.......How about some colors?
They only have a couple of pails of paint or what? 😄

#36 ·
The Tour in all blacked out look.......
My wife....."That is sooooo Gross"

I've got to agree with her.......don't understand that dismal look.
I love my 2019 red/black Airbag tour but come on Honda.......How about some colors?
They only have a couple of pails of paint or what? 😄
Respectfully disagree with you and your wife. I love the blacked out engine/suspension. I do not care for the black body. I would get it painted something else.

Regardless, it is not enough to make me give up my 2018.

Reactions: Brian_Fenner
#43 ·
No touch screen, no adaptive cruise, XM antenna might be used but homelink standard would be more useful. Why not helmet hooks under the trunk. We loved the little pockets on the 2012 wing (near the grab handles). Seat looks better, does it feel better. The stock seat just didn't do it for me, Ultimate seats solved that. But they are proud of their seat $$ .

Yeah moving in the right direction, just too slow.

#44 · (Edited)
From the horses mouth....

Now I officially own the new model 6 speed manual little goldwing in white and not blacked out...... and very happy about that.

#48 ·
I have to see one in person as I like the idea of a bigger trunk BUT..... How does it look compared to the rest of the bike? Does the lines flow like the original? I am used to my old trunk on the 18 as the bike is sleeker looking. I don't want it to rival the size of the older Wings. just my opinion.

#55 ·
I think the larger trunk makes it look a little top heavy compared to the saddlebags. However in comparrision I think the HD Ultras have always looked top heavy when viewed from the rear. The new GW Tour trunk will probably not affect handling with all the other weight down low with the boxer engine. It also works for us too since we keep tools, cover, rain gear at all times in the side bags and use the trunk, luggage rack and cooler rack to pack for trips.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.