GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a method to remove the scuffs out of the seat. These things are way too easy to mess up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Anyone have a method to remove the scuffs out of the seat. These things are way too easy to mess up.

Try rubbing it with a damp microfiber towel. Seems to work for me when I get scuffs on my seat.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
The new seat material is a disaster from Honda…….not sure why they thought this would be better than the original material.
At least there are plenty of aftermarket seat options.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Disaster ? Nah, wouldnt say that. Does scuff easy when im lazy about swinging a leg over, but a damp rag has not failed yet !

·
Registered
5,220 Posts
Utopia has a backrest with very similar looks. Worst case is you have seat reupholstered, a lot cheaper than aftermarket seat.

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have the same problem tried everything nothing seems to work.
Maybe i have not scuffed it badly enough yet. Ive had no trouble so far !
I bought the Utopia backrest with the "similar" material. Its just vinyl - looks nothing like it. Their claim is unjustified !

·
Registered
5,220 Posts
Maybe i have not scuffed it badly enough yet. Ive had no trouble so far !
I bought the Utopia backrest with the "similar" material. Its just vinyl - looks nothing like it. Their claim is unjustified !
I am happy with the Utopia, while I have never compared the two, I have never noticed a difference in looks.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Ok, now i see what you guys are talking about. I was trying a few mount/dismount techniques preparing for when i install my Utopia, and i scuffed the seat pretty good. AND i cant get it out :(

·
Premium Member
19,799 Posts
I think your screwed. The new design is less hot , looks good but scuffs easier

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think we are screwed. Looks like the material is actually removed when you scuff it up.

·
Registered
708 Posts
I have a Utopia backrest so I swing my leg up and over the seat not the backrest. I also have wooden beads mounted on the seat, so I have to swing a bit higher. I have to swing my leg up and over because of a lower back issue but that's my problem. I have scruffs on the seat due to a few "misses", but I've come to just accept them as "wear-n-tear" for a motorcycle. I also have some scratches in the paint and one crack in the front fender that I repaired with ABS (it's almost not noticeable). I like riding the motorcycle and I clean it enough to make it look clean. I'm not too worried with show room level clean and that includes scruffs, scratches, and such. When I put my highway pegs in the stored position, you can see the scrapes on the bottom. Again, just normal wear and tear. I guess I could trade it in for a newer model :cool:

·
Registered
95 Posts
I just removed some bad scuffs that I couldn't get out even with a vinyl cleaner/protector.

I used saddle soap and it looks like new.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I just removed some bad scuffs that I couldn't get out even with a vinyl cleaner/protector.

I used saddle soap and it looks like new.
I assume you have a 2021 ?
I sure wish people would put their year and model in the signature !

1 - 15 of 15 Posts