GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 163 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After some prodding, I've again stuck my neck out to get the ball rolling for a Darkside Ride-In for spring 2021.
The dates as discussed are May 13,14, and 15, 2021. Anyone may come as early or stay as late as they wish.
The where is Chapmanville, WV. I've spoken to the Best Western Logan Inn and have reservations for Harvey and I.
They quoted me a total of $268.80 for 3 nights that includes taxes. I have stayed there a couple times before. There are cheaper accommodations nearby, but not as nice and clean. There is a pool for you skinny dippers and some type of breakfast and the rooms have microwaves and refrigerators. There is a Huddle House restaurant in the parking lot. I'm hoping there are no skinny dippers!
I have asked that this be made a stickie to attract attention and willing Darksiders to attend. See y'all there!
So again: May 13,14, and 15, 2021.
Best Western Logan Inn
47 Central Avenue
Chapmanville, WV 25508
304-831-2345

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Thanks for taking this on Larry. With everything happening this year, our riding time
and vacations were totally shut down. Sandy and I will plan to be there.

obwan

Reactions: schnits

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
Larry, Is the $268.80 for the three nights PLUS or INCLUDING taxes and fees?
It would save a lot of phone calls to the hotel for folks to know.

·
Registered
912 Posts
They quoted me a total of $268.80 for 3 nights that includes taxes.
I'm in will be making my reservations today. Do you have a group discount or is it a standard rate ?

Just booked my room and it was $268.80 for the three nights.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They acted like we were getting a discount when I told them there would likely be 10+ rooms. It's probably a good idea to mention that you're part of the Darkside group. The guy thought "Darksiders" sounded kind of ominous. He's right. Cookies and brownies aren't safe around us!

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Thanks for organizing it again, Larry. I'm gonna be there, just have to check for how long (how many days) and is my wife joining me again or not.

Thanks for picking a really nice riding area

p.s. Yea..."Goldwing group" sounds less 'spicious than "Darkside group"

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Reservations made. We are to arrive the 12th and leave the 16th.

Greg

·
Registered
2015 Yamaha fjr
32 Posts
Hi, i don't have a golwing nor a dangerous car tire. But hope that I am welcome. I will be with my Daddy who does have wing and dangerous car tire. So, with all that being said, we are planning on attending. Add two more to the count. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

1 - 20 of 163 Posts