GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

81 - 100 of 163 Posts

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Larry, thanks for putting this together! I'm in for sure, although I'm still not running a CT on my 2019 DCT. But my buddy Richie said he booked us in the bridal suite so I just couldn't resist. See you there!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
Larry, thanks for putting this together! I'm in for sure, although I'm still not running a CT on my 2019 DCT. But my buddy Richie said he booked us in the bridal suite so I just couldn't resist. See you there!
Glad you can make it. I went to Darkside rides spring and fall for a few years before I really converted. I had tried one a few years before, but didn't like the Toyo Proxis tire. I sold it to Darksider #29 and ended up #1199. You'll probably make a lot of guys jealous sharing the bridal suite with Richie. Rose petals and bubble baths!

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
That's a mental picture you can't unsee Larry. Thanks for that.😃

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Yes, that Richie does make 'em jealous...if he just wasn't so shy...

I went DS on my first four Goldwings...my number was 975...got lots of miles and smiles out of those CTs!

I just love the way the DCT handles with the stock tires, so haven't been motivated to make the move...yet.

Hope to see some other DCTs in Chapmanville and compare notes!

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
It is 50 days till the ride in. The weather is getting nicer, finally. I noticed, looking through the Darkside forum threads, that this is the first post in 10 days. That is awfully quiet compared to the old days. Why is that I wonder. All that wisdom and humor that used to be shared here is silent. Has it all been used up? All the old names that were on here all the time are almost never seen. I'll bet nobody can remember the last video posted of a task being done, a bike rolling down the road, or a guy falling off a rock! I know the guys I'm thinking of are getting old, but I think they're still around. Maybe if they can't talk politics they have nothing to say? Well anyway I miss the good old days as much as everyone does, but here's to the future. Counting down to the ride in.
Hmmm. Us old farts do lurk a lot. And once in a while I do post something helpful. Anyway, thought you might enjoy some videos from the Spring DSRI in 2017, riding one of the best motorcycling roads in the country. Sorry for the wet conditions, but we had fun anyway!

Reactions: schnits

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Hi Elrod, hope life is treating you good. And it's amazing I can ride these roads all day, but can't even watch one minute of video without getting dizzy.

Reactions: jlbc212 and Elrod

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Yep. NC215, south from US276 all the way to US64. Had to be DSRI from Maggie Valley.

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
OK, Larry. You asked for it.

I am sure some of you have experienced to joys of road scouting for a DSRI. Witness:

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Of course, none of us have ever done this. Never....

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
When the desire to catch up to the group outweighs safety sensibilities....

Reactions: schnits

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Something I learned from Murgie: NEVER turn off your camera!

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
OK, Larry. You asked for it.

I am sure some of you have experienced to joys of road scouting for a DSRI. Witness:

Elrod, Larry leads us down gravel roads like the start of this almost every DS ride we're on.

Reactions: Elrod

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Sometimes we don't, sometimes we do.

Reactions: Elrod

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #98 ·
Anyone else notice that Elrod shared videos but didn't say he'd come to the ride in? Like to see him. Been a while. Same for that other guy, Murgie! Richard, Joe, Kevin and others afraid of commitment?

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Anyone else notice that Elrod shared videos but didn't say he'd come to the ride in? Like to see him. Been a while. Same for that other guy, Murgie! Richard, Joe, Kevin and others afraid of commitment?
Trying to work it out. I have had a few things occur in my life that has prevented participation in a while. Sorry to disappoint folks.

Reactions: UNCLEJOHN
81 - 100 of 163 Posts