GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

101 - 120 of 163 Posts

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Sure would like to see Elrod, Murgie, Rapid Ray and others from past DS rides!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Rapid Ray tried to warn me about this crazy bunch before my first ride in at Wise, VA. I’ll just say it was everything he said and more. Be great to see old and new faces. I even talked to Ol Fred a couple weeks ago. Looking forward to Chapmanville

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Hey Gabe, since you got that big promotion are you sure you still know how to ride the big boy scooter:ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
162 Posts
Hey Gabe, since you got that big promotion are you sure you still know how to ride the big boy scooter:ROFLMAO:
Not sure. But I can tear it down and work on it pretty well now. We’ll see if I have gotten better at dodging deer!

·
Registered
818 Posts
After some prodding, I've again stuck my neck out to get the ball rolling for a Darkside Ride-In for spring 2021.
The dates as discussed are May 13,14, and 15, 2021. Anyone may come as early or stay as late as they wish.
The where is Chapmanville, WV. I've spoken to the Best Western Logan Inn and have reservations for Harvey and I.
They quoted me a total of $268.80 for 3 nights that includes taxes. I have stayed there a couple times before. There are cheaper accommodations nearby, but not as nice and clean. There is a pool for you skinny dippers and some type of breakfast and the rooms have microwaves and refrigerators. There is a Huddle House restaurant in the parking lot. I'm hoping there are no skinny dippers!
I have asked that this be made a stickie to attract attention and willing Darksiders to attend. See y'all there!
So again: May 13,14, and 15, 2021.
Best Western Logan Inn
47 Central Avenue
Chapmanville, WV 25508
304-831-2345
Hi Larry and others,
I’ve just reserved a room and plan to be there. I don’t have a CT on my ride but I’m sure I’ll hear all about it and become educated. Mostly showing up to put names with faces and do some group riding (something I’ve never done TBH). So, see you all in 4 weeks!
Drair (Tim Ryan)

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Got my first shot today. Still don't think the travel restrictions will be lifted in time for the spring ride but I have optimism for the fall ride. Have fun.

·
Registered
25 Posts
If conditions at home permit, I would like to join you for at least a one day ride, I'm only 175 miles from ground zero, so riding over for breakfast may be doable. And if you let me, I'll stay until supper time then go home

·
Registered
394 Posts
Tim Ryan, it will be great to see you again. Since you are already accustomed to the antics of immature college guys, you'll enjoy this group, no doubt.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Watch it Richie I resemble that remark, except the college part, but I can immature with the best of them!!

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Look like Kevin is out so he won’t be going but Bob and I are still in for now unless his work beg different so still count us in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
865 Posts
Looks like a small gravel lot for parking ,and not much other parking for a 3 floor hotel. ls there going to be room for 25 bikes. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
912 Posts
Looks like a small gravel lot for parking ,and not much other parking for a 3 floor hotel. ls there going to be room for 25 bikes. Any thoughts?
Get there early.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Satellite view looks like paved parking at North end of Motel and a little in front near Huddle house. Also the secondary lot East of Huddle house looks like it could belong to the Motel as well.

I hate Gravel!!

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
It's not a true dark side ride unless we wind up on a gravel road. Also at least one u turn is usually in the mix.

Reactions: schnits

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Looks like I am out of this DRI. Y'all have fun riding the twisties there in WV !

101 - 120 of 163 Posts