GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

121 - 140 of 165 Posts

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
Larry, you can add me to the count.
Bob Nordt and I will be sharing a room.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #122 ·
Will do. Glad you can come. This site is kind of working out like Eharmony bringing folks together! I know I feel like a matchmaker. (Remember Puckbus and the rose petals and bubblebath?) That's funny right there, I don't care who you are. Just having fun. See y'all there.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #123 ·
And as for gravel and u turns, I'm guilty. But remember, this is West Virginia where farmers frequently fall out of their fields, but if they get divorced they're still cousins.The routes I have planned for me are mostly gravel with very little single track and stream crossings. That's where car tires excel.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I would like to share a room at the Best Western for a Thursday (5/13/21) arrival and Sunday (5/16/21) checkout. (It appears that previous posters looking for roommates are no longer going to be making the Chapmanville ridein.) I will be checking the board and the board's message area for any interest in room sharing.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Larry, we appreciate your efforts planning the rides. I know it is a lot of work. You keep us on our toes and I for one will miss the riding with y'all. See how I naturally fall into speaking American when I am on here. The rides are always fantastic and the friendly banter just adds to the fun. Just ask our "Bear". 😁. I know you will all have fun and you can use this opportunity to make fun of the Canuck now. I can take it as well as dish it out. Non-discretionary travel to the states has been extended to May 21 now.

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Any any good gps routes out there that I can down load onto Garmin 665
Planning to get there a little earlier and sight see or some good twisters so I can warm up a little send to my email if so
[email protected]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
552 Posts
Reservation made for Thursday arrival and Sunday departure. I have a room with two beds reserved and am looking for a roommate!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Any any good gps routes out there that I can down load onto Garmin 665
Planning to get there a little earlier and sight see or some good twisters so I can warm up a little send to my email if so
[email protected]

Wingnut and TommyOne, I do not have GPS routes because I live in the area...and don't use a GPS on the bike, but any route that takes you across Rt. 60 from Charleston toward Hawk's Nest is worth it, in my opinion. The last 6.5 miles to the park is what I go for (84 turns with elevation changes, sweeping turns, hairpins) then go a few more miles to the New River Gorge bridge off of Rt 19. Be sure to take Fayette Station Rd. to the river below the bridge. I don't know if you like the slab or the twisties, but there are many directions to go from there. Stay on Rt. 19 for the slab, backtrack on Rt. 60 to Kanawha Falls/Gauley Bridge and take Rt. 16 north for some good twisties. Stay on Rt. 60 and go to Lewisburg then up Rt. 219 to Rt. 33/119 for some beautiful mountain scenery (219) then a lot of twisties back toward Charleston (33/119) or you can hop on I-79 at Weston for the return trip.
I live northeast of Charleston, and most of my riding is centered around that area. Hopefully someone from another side of Chapmanville can throw out some other routes down that way, but WV has a lot of great scenery to offer, in any direction.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #131 ·
I sent some GPS routes to Wingnut & Tommyone. With the amount of bikes planned to attend, we need guys to step up and lead rides. In any direction. We've found that groups larger than 4-6 bikes doesn't work out well for many reasons. We've got fast riders and slow riders and I'm a half fast rider that has been riding with the same half fast group of riders/friends for years now and we do ok.
The important thing is that everyone has a good time, but the more important thing is that we all return home safely afterward.
Only 16 days away now!

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Wingnut and TommyOne, I do not have GPS routes because I live in the area...and don't use a GPS on the bike, but any route that takes you across Rt. 60 from Charleston toward Hawk's Nest is worth it, in my opinion. The last 6.5 miles to the park is what I go for (84 turns with elevation changes, sweeping turns, hairpins) then go a few more miles to the New River Gorge bridge off of Rt 19. Be sure to take Fayette Station Rd. to the river below the bridge. I don't know if you like the slab or the twisties, but there are many directions to go from there. Stay on Rt. 19 for the slab, backtrack on Rt. 60 to Kanawha Falls/Gauley Bridge and take Rt. 16 north for some good twisties. Stay on Rt. 60 and go to Lewisburg then up Rt. 219 to Rt. 33/119 for some beautiful mountain scenery (219) then a lot of twisties back toward Charleston (33/119) or you can hop on I-79 at Weston for the return trip.
I live northeast of Charleston, and most of my riding is centered around that area. Hopefully someone from another side of Chapmanville can throw out some other routes down that way, but WV has a lot of great scenery to offer, in any direction.
Well that sounds nice and I’ll see if I can put that onto a gps file before I head there cause I’m. It going to remember them routes lol

·
IronMan
17,864 Posts
Reservation made for Thursday arrival and Sunday departure. I have a room with two beds reserved and am looking for a roommate!
BEEN TOLD ( SURE ITS JUST A RUMOR) THAT SOMEHOW WHEN I GO TO SLEEP I SNORE ???? IF YOU CAN LIVE (SLEEP) WITH THAT I'LL SHARE ROOM WITH YOU ! 321-242-0720 PLANNING ON GETTING THERE THURS ALSO

·
Premium Member
2,921 Posts
BEEN TOLD ( SURE ITS JUST A RUMOR) THAT SOMEHOW WHEN I GO TO SLEEP I SNORE ???? IF YOU CAN LIVE (SLEEP) WITH THAT I'LL SHARE ROOM WITH YOU ! 321-242-0720 PLANNING ON GETTING THERE THURS ALSO
IT AIN"T NO RUMOR you can take that to the bank. How come you are not sleeping in that new camper?

·
Registered
552 Posts
Well! Uncle John, we should be a good match. I probably have sawed a log or two myself over time. I also have an advantage ... once my hearing aids are out, I don't hear much. Let's share.

- Craig

·
Premium Member
2,921 Posts
Is anybody else gonna be camping at this cat skinning?

·
Registered
17,127 Posts
Well, it looks very much as if my White Knight (GL1800) will be in "sick bay" during the ride in. Right radiator has to be replaced and part may not arrive in time. My Ford Raptor has "car tires", will that pass muster just in case? Is this still at Chapmanville Best Western?

Rooster

Reactions: Capt. Bob and obwan

·
Registered
734 Posts
Well, it looks very much as if my White Knight (GL1800) will be in "sick bay" during the ride in. Right radiator has to be replaced and part may not arrive in time. My Ford Raptor has "car tires", will that pass muster just in case? Is this still at Chapmanville Best Western?

Rooster
Yes it’s still at Chapmanville Best Western. Bring your car that will be dark side X 4.

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
I will be arriving at this DSRI Wednesday, Lord willing and if the creek don't rise. And will be bringing a guest. It will be good to catch up with everyone. 😁😁

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
I will be arriving at this DSRI Wednesday, Lord willing and if the creek don't rise. And will be bringing a guest. It will be good to catch up with everyone. 😁😁
Will be good to see you again!

Reactions: Elrod
121 - 140 of 165 Posts