GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

141 - 160 of 256 Posts

·
IronMan
18,045 Posts
LOOKING FORWARD TO HEAD NORTH AND SEE ALL AGAIN

·
Registered
539 Posts
I’m booked at the BW and barring any attack from those well rested cicadas or crappy weather, I plan on being there on Wednesday.
I’m looking forward to meeting up with everyone and enjoying those WV backroads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Would anyone be interested in owning a lightly used Klim Blade jacket? I bet I haven't worn this jacket 10 times, and never for a long ride. I'm going to post it on the for sale forum, but thought I'd offer it up here, as I can bring it with me. It's an XL and fits a bit big on me; I'm 6', 230 lbs., 41" waist, 33" arms, 45" chest. These jackets sold for around the $500 price point, and I'll sell it for $150. No obvious wear, includes all the armor. This is a Goretex shell, waterproof, but you will need to add a base layer for cold weather. Lighter than the Klim Apex, this jacket is well-vented for warm weather riding. To watch the Revzilla video on this jacket, click here:

Here are the specs:

EXTERIOR FEATURES
  • GUARANTEED TO KEEP YOU DRY®
  • GORE-TEX® 2-LAYER PERFORMANCE SHELL IN MAIN BODY
  • DURABLE 500D CORDURA NYLON OVERLAYS
  • HIGHLY BREATHABLE
  • GRAY 3M™ SCOTCHLITE™ REFLECTIVE MATERIAL
  • DOUBLE FRONT STORM FLAP CONSTRUCTION
INTEGRATED ARMOR SYSTEM
  • D30® EVO SHOULDERS AND ELBOW (MEET AND/OR EXCEED LEVEL 1 LIMB PROTECTOR CE CERTIFICATION PREN16121-1:2011)
  • D3O® VIPER 1 BACK PAD
  • FITTED SPANDEX SLEEVE LINING TO HELP SECURE ARMOR IN PLACE
VENTILATION
  • MAX FLOW VENTILATION – 5 PORTS
  • 2 PIT ZIPS WITH DUAL ZIPPER CONTROL
  • 2 BICEP INTAKE VENTS
  • 1 BACK EXHAUST VENT
CARGO, COMFORT AND FIT SYSTEMS
  • 5 EXTERNAL POCKETS [2 CHEST, 2 HAND, 1 HIDDEN CHEST BEHIND STORM FLAP]
  • 5 INTERNAL POCKETS [2 ZIPPERED, 2 OPEN MESH STASH, 1 HIDDEN PASSPORT]
  • TAILORED FIT
  • JACKET TO PANT LOOP STRAPS
  • BOTTOM HEM CINCH CORD
  • OFF-CENTER COLLAR CINCH CORD
This is a great deal on a high-quality Klim jacket. First-come, first served.

Questions or offers, call me at 616-604-2100 or emal [email protected]

Thanks,

Jim O'Dowd (Big Cat)

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I sent some GPS routes to Wingnut & Tommyone. With the amount of bikes planned to attend, we need guys to step up and lead rides. In any direction. We've found that groups larger than 4-6 bikes doesn't work out well for many reasons. We've got fast riders and slow riders and I'm a half fast rider that has been riding with the same half fast group of riders/friends for years now and we do ok.
The important thing is that everyone has a good time, but the more important thing is that we all return home safely afterward.
Only 16 days away now!
Larry, I used to be a fairly fast rider, now I think I'm a half-assed rider...

·
Registered
393 Posts
Better be more than half fast" riding on Corridor "G" (Rt 119). Lived in Charleston, and spent many years commuting to the coalfield counties of Boone, Logan, Mingo. Drivers routinely exceed 75 - 80 mph, and those trucks entering from the side roads will test the finest ABS systems in the world. Oh, BTW, covers are seldom installed on the haulers so expect rock/coal/gravel damage to your windshield. I actually had the Safelite people on my speed dial. Enjoy!

·
IronMan
18,045 Posts
Better be more than half fast" riding on Corridor "G" (Rt 119). Lived in Charleston, and spent many years commuting to the coalfield counties of Boone, Logan, Mingo. Drivers routinely exceed 75 - 80 mph, and those trucks entering from the side roads will test the finest ABS systems in the world. Oh, BTW, covers are seldom installed on the haulers so expect rock/coal/gravel damage to your windshield. I actually had the Safelite people on my speed dial. Enjoy!
AAAHHHHH MORE GOOD MEMORIES ! :)

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Made it Ohio yesterday
The worst ride ever what was to be 7 hours took 12
Nice weather at home hit rain then snow then hale then freezing rain before we call it done
Bob and I will see u guys Wednesday after we defrost a little.

Reactions: obwan

·
Registered
899 Posts
Sorry to report, lm out due to work injury(arm). Sux. Half arm rider not safe🧑‍🦽. Hope to do fall ride. Ride safe cautiously all ya!

·
Registered
7,970 Posts
Word of warning. Several gas stations around here running out of gas due to pipeline shutdown (Tennessee). So fill up more often than you usually do. Or carry a spare. 😉

Reactions: TommyOne

·
Registered
918 Posts
Sorry to report, lm out due to work injury(arm). Sux. Half arm rider not safe🧑‍🦽. Hope to do fall ride. Ride safe cautiously all ya!
Sorry to hear that I was looking forward to seeing you and meeting your wife .

·
Registered
3,190 Posts

Ok left Sunday drive throw sunshine rain snow hale stop in Ohio visit friends and we are still the first and only one here yep and our own special parking space see u guys soon I hope

·
IronMan
18,045 Posts
LEAVING TOMORROW BUT WILL PROBABLY STOP ON WAY AND TEST MY NEW CAMPER OUT

·
Registered
743 Posts

Ok left Sunday drive throw sunshine rain snow hale stop in Ohio visit friends and we are still the first and only one here yep and our own special parking space see u guys soon I hope

Wing Nut is the gas shortage impacting the area around Chapmanville.

141 - 160 of 256 Posts