GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am new here but have a new 2022 blue 6 spd tour after about 650 miles bike now intermitedly kills decellerating for traffic light stop sign or stopped traffic. dont know if i trust dealer in houma any suggestions for a good tech in south louisiana or missippi?

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
i am new here but have a new 2022 blue 6 spd tour after about 650 miles bike now intermitedly kills decellerating for traffic light stop sign or stopped traffic. dont know if i trust dealer in houma any suggestions for a good tech in south louisiana or missippi?
I don't understand are you saying when you let off the gas to decellerate the engine turns off?

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
The bike would still be under warranty. It's just a matter of how fast the service manager will fix it for ya.

·
Registered
256 Posts
You have a PM. Click on your avatar in the upper right of this page & follow the prompts.
Brand new bike? Sounds like a not-performed Dealer prep and initial turn over service. You should have gotten a completely filled out, dealer signed form when you picked up the bike with the entire pre-turnover check inspection items list checked off.
Something is not right here!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks guys the bike is only a month old and i love it but this engine kill for no aparent reason has me disgusted. will make an appoinment with my dealer don't really trust them . Funny my 2014 chieftain and my trade in 2017 roadmaster had zero issues.

·
Registered
2019 Tour 6MT
635 Posts
Can we get some more info?
Does it die once you pull the clutch in or wait until you've stopped?
Does it die if you downshift (and release the clutch) as you decelerate?
Does it die if you stop without downshifting (stop in 2nd or 3rd by pulling in the clutch as you coast to a stop)?
Does it die every time you stop?

·
Registered
75 Posts
This sounds like the same problem I had with my 2021 6 speed. When pulling in the clutch to downshift when turning or to come to a stop, the engine would just quit- just as if you hit the kill switch. Helpful people from this forum informed me that a few new 6 speed Wings had this stalling issue. I was told that after the break-in period, the stalling usually (magically) stops. Sure enough, after putting about 1200 miles on the bike, the stalling stopped. I did notify my dealer of the issue, they said they had never heard of this problem and to check to be sure my battery wires were tight. They were fine. It was very frustrating to pay so much for this bike normally a very reliable brand to have a stalling issue. Hopefully your stalling will resolve itself like mine did.

·
Premium Member
2018 DCT Airbag
7,244 Posts
First of all, welcome from Los Angeles.

I don't know if this is your problem, but there have been other reports of new 2018+s stalling randomly in early days on the road. Mostly that seems to go away after a few tankfuls of gas (which has led me to wonder if Honda isn't putting some kind of gas-preservative in the fuel prior to shipping). My 2018 DCT stalled at the first few stop lights on my way home from the dealer, but then the problem simply went away. Document each occurrence, but before you take your bike to a dealer and risk having it sit for a long period, give it a few more tankfuls of gas.

Reactions: AussieChris

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
thanks guys the bike is only a month old and i love it but this engine kill for no aparent reason has me disgusted. will make an appoinment with my dealer don't really trust them . Funny my 2014 chieftain and my trade in 2017 roadmaster had zero issues.
My 2022 manual 6 speed would die when i would take off from a red light or stop sign. Come to find out i have to give it more throttle and let out on clutch slower than my 08 that i was used to.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks ya'll for your help. got the bike back from the shop tuesday the 22nd shop said it was a louse positive battery connection. they said bike had no codes and should be good to go. today 3-23 got up and started cleaning the bike at 7 am exited to ride. went out with 3 of my harley budies and made an ass out of them only to see the bike kill at the next traffic light and again at the next one.weather is great hear in new orleans after some tornado touch downs last night so i may take some of ya'lls advice and run it for a while and see what happens. i called my dealer today and told service manager what happened and said i may call corprate he said that would not be necessary they would take care of it so we will see. i'll keep you informed.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Dblues, as I said in my earlier post, it took about 1200 miles before my stalling issue stopped. It was so frustrating, I am confident that your bike will eventually correct itself. I found that when you pull the clutch in as you are coming to a stop- keep the rev's up, don't like the bike drop down to an idle or it will stall. Keeping the rpm's up a little keeps it from stalling.

·
Registered
900 Posts
I never experienced it on mine, but we have had a handful of people report it and it cleared up for all of them exactly as the poster above me says.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
3rd trip to and from my dealer.2022 blue 6 speed killed 7 times on the service managers test ride. honda says it has something to do with clutch switches cruise control and computer honda told dealer they are aware of the problem and the fix could could be from 1 to 3 months away. This will not fly with me .Will call Honda in the a.m. we must come to some kind of solution. Hear in Louisiana we have a lemon law after 3 tries service dept. cannot fix Co. must replace or refund. I am pissed.

·
Registered
2002 Stream Silver ABS. Full Traxxion Suspension.
1,052 Posts
3rd trip to and from my dealer.2022 blue 6 speed killed 7 times on the service managers test ride. honda says it has something to do with clutch switches cruise control and computer honda told dealer they are aware of the problem and the fix could could be from 1 to 3 months away. This will not fly with me .Will call Honda in the a.m. we must come to some kind of solution. Hear in Louisiana we have a lemon law after 3 tries service dept. cannot fix Co. must replace or refund. I am pissed.
Sorry you are having that problem, I can see how pissed and frustrated you would be with a brand new vehicle doing that. 30K to hear "yeah we know its a problem and will fix it after you've made some payments, too bad so sad". Maybe it will just stop like others have done.

·
Super Moderator
9,136 Posts
I think it's amazing they acknowledged the problem. I'd get on them to step it up but I'd be relieved they have a solution coming. Things happen.

Someone posted here recently that lemon laws don't apply to motorcycles. Don't know if it's true.

·
Premium Member
2018 DCT Airbag
7,244 Posts
That's great that your state's LL applies to motorcycles. Not all do.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts