Votes: 2 18.2%
  • I can attend either

Votes: 6 54.5%
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I’m editing this original post after getting more info. Darkside Fall 2022 Ride In will be SEPT 29-OCT 2nd in FRANKLIN, NC. The Microtel by Wyndham is located 81 Allman Dr, Franklin, NC 28734.

I’ll be trying to firm up a group rate tomorrow but online is showing around 95/night average with a standard AARP or similar discount. (Thursday night is cheaper and Saturday little more). I’m hoping to do better when I talk to them tomorrow and I’ll keep you posted.

Either way, I’ll plan on a roommate and I’ll just be excited to be back on the bike again. I did this trip last fall and have some routes made also.
Gabe

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
I'm interested

Reactions: Jack2

·
Premium Member
5,981 Posts
Looking at putting the fall ride in together in the mountains of North Carolina. October 14, 15 and 16 has been suggested by one member. I just want to get an idea of who might be interested and if I need to do a poll for any alternate dates. I will try to figure out how to make this a sticky. I can’t wait to be riding again in September and hope to see old and new friends again this fall.

Suggestions welcome!
I'll Plan to attend this event wherever you plan to hold it.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Now that I actually have some vacation, I would like to go.

As for dates, I'd rather have it the end of September to the first weekend in October.

Looked at the calendar October 14,15,16, would work for me. Although it's getting a little late in the year, up here. Rode in the snow a few times in the second weekend of Oct.

Reactions: JoeHall and obwan

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Just a heads up, Weekend in the Smoky's in October will be crowded due to the fall foliage time frame. Spirited rides will be limited.

As for dates, September 29, 30 - October 1 works for me along with October 14, 15, 16th.

As for hotel location, I have always stayed West of Asheville. Franklin. Bryson City, Cherokee area to ride the roads. I hear Boone area is nice but not sure what is there for good mountain motorcycle riding.

Good luck on decisions.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sounds like we have some interest. Fire Eater thanks for the heads up on the extra traffic. I’m good with the last week of September also. Not sure how to create a poll after posting the original, so I’ll just ask people to start chiming in and I’ll look at location and accommodations.
Do you prefer 1) SEPT 29-OCT 1st OR 2) OCT 14-16th?

Thanks

·
Administrator
5,955 Posts
Sounds like we have some interest. Fire Eater thanks for the heads up on the extra traffic. I’m good with the last week of September also. Not sure how to create a poll after posting the original, so I’ll just ask people to start chiming in and I’ll look at location and accommodations.
Do you prefer 1) SEPT 29-OCT 1st OR 2) OCT 14-16th?

Thanks
Do you see 2 sets of 3 dots in your first post, an upper and a lower? Click on the upper 3 dots. You should see a drop-down with an option to create a poll.........

·
Registered
2021 GL1800D
22 Posts
Always interested in the mountains so do count me as very interested. I'd choose the 9/29 date but either works for me. Prefer the weekday rides but realize there are working people here :) Coming from the Fayetteville NC area.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Do you see 2 sets of 3 dots in your first post, an upper and a lower? Click on the upper 3 dots. You should see a drop-down with an option to create a poll.........
thanks for the tip! I allowed people to check 2 items so they can pick their favorite even if they can make either.

·
Registered
White 2018 DCT Tour
842 Posts
Boomer's Memorial RTE is Oct 2nd, in Ohio.

Ride Safe,
Jeff

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Boomer's Memorial RTE is Oct 2nd, in Ohio.

Ride Safe,
Jeff
Thanks for the reminder, Jeff! That's another one I'd like to hit one of these years.

How about Sept 23,24,25?

Reactions: lyle doverspike

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'll be in the area 9/29-10/1 - but hopefully on one of my 2-wheeled BMWs (not the Darksided GL1800+Hannigan sidecar). Just as a point of interest, the smaller of the two BMW National clubs will be having their rally in Waynesville, NC that weekend... open to non-members. BMW Riders Association National Rally - 50 Years of the Ride Attitude Depending on location, I may try to stop by and say hello...

·
IronMan
19,408 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
You're doing a fine job, Gabe. Still no dates or location, which are kinda important, but you're taking a gentle (wanted to say democratic, but DIDN'T) approach to allow for people's schedules and feelings. Many, many times I've said anyone anywhere can set up a ride and they will come. Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I’m editing this original post after getting more info. Darkside Fall 2022 Ride In will be SEPT 29-OCT 2nd in FRANKLIN, NC. The Microtel by Wyndham is located 81 Allman Dr, Franklin, NC 28734.

I’ll be trying to firm up a group rate tomorrow but online is showing around 95/night average with a standard AARP or similar discount. (Thursday night is cheaper and Saturday little more). I’m hoping to do better when I talk to them tomorrow and I’ll keep you posted.

Either way, I’ll plan on a roommate and I’ll just be excited to be back on the bike again. I did this trip last fall and have some routes made also.
Gabe

1 - 20 of 55 Posts