Registered
2,828 Posts
Reactions: TexanTrail

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for posting.......
I'm probably one of those geeks, but I like reading the manual.......seems like there is always something new to learn.

Son?
He work for Honda or a dealership?
No. I once did contract work for Honda though. He just got his name in early to the dealer.
He may get serial 000001
Just lucky I guess.
I've had an 81 GL1100 since new so I am looking forward to him riding at last. He may as well start at the top and not on a 55 Stepthru like I had in 1865. NOT The 509, the 55!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you've not had use of one, or if you had older wings... you will not "intuitively" know how to start it.

The customary red kill switch position is the same BUT is graphically marked only, no words, and so at first (second third and fourth) glance, it looks like a graphic for STOP... with no other functions.... well, wrong, it is also the starter switch.

Now all you new owners will guffaw and laugh perhaps but it is the only thing I disliked. And even then I got to like it.

And there is a bug on the display screen at times.

And did you find the error in the manual on page 18.... in my Adobe Acrobat, the background image of the bike is missing.

So, that said, Honda has a lot of work to do to remain perfect. :cool:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
He lied… it was in his warehouse yesterday costing him interest and they will immediately proceed to build it. I’ll pay and then they store it warm after a winter servicing… whatever that is. It’s serial number 00001 for Canada production. I guess they have a VIN series per country to account for any feature unique to a country. Our models get snow tires and a plow, and it can use pemmican as an alternate fuel. And of course all badging is bilingual Honda/Le Honda. Lastly, it gets free lifetime health care. Maybe I’ll be first to ride a 22 in North America…
:cool:

·
Registered
2022 Goldwing DCT Non Tour
54 Posts
And next Thursday is delivery day…then straight to storage. He got serial 0001 too. All papers done today. Yahoo!
Does anyone have any idea when US dealers will be receiving 2022 GW's? I have heard this month (December). My dealer in the Miami area says sometime in January. Called another dealer for fun and he was clueless.

·
Love The DCT
12,816 Posts
Does anyone have any idea when US dealers will be receiving 2022 GW's? I have heard this month (December). My dealer in the Miami area says sometime in January. Called another dealer for fun and he was clueless.
Dealer in my General neck of the woods will be getting 2022 bikes in Jan and Feb.

·
Registered
2020 DCT Tour, red/black
241 Posts
Thanks for posting.......
I'm probably one of those geeks, but I like reading the manual.......seems like there is always something new to learn.

Son?
He work for Honda or a dealership?
If I will tell you how many times either on the toilet or by the pool, I have gone through the book, you will think I have lost it. But believe me, it helped me so much to understand what is riding between my legs every time I am on her. It is never enough!!! I have learned that in the Air Force.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts