GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Goldwing Tour 6 MT
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So will we ever see an update to the GPS map data?

When I bought a 2021 Tour, I was told that map updates would be "free" for 10 years.

Still running on 2020 maps..... The COVID excuse is getting old.

Any rumors on an update?

·
Registered
203 Posts
So will we ever see an update to the GPS map data?

When I bought a 2021 Tour, I was told that map updates would be "free" for 10 years.

Still running on 2020 maps..... The COVID excuse is getting old.

Any rumors on an update?
I sent a note to Honda USA a few months ago and got a stock reply about that being a Honda Japan decision and they had no further information. Maybe we should embark on a email campaign of sorts and flood them with requests for software updates. I have 2018 and got the last map updated in 2019 along with the Android Auto application support. I’ll send another note tomorrow.

·
Registered
2021 Goldwing Tour 6 MT
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I sent a note to Honda USA a few months ago and got a stock reply about that being a Honda Japan decision and they had no further information. Maybe we should embark on a email campaign of sorts and flood them with requests for software updates. I have 2018 and got the last map updated in 2019 along with the Android Auto application support. I’ll send another note tomorrow.
Let us know where to "send a note". If enough of us start complaining, maybe mother Honda might give priority to a yearly update to customers who have purchased their product.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I agree with Zee Fifty. They agreed to give us updates but failed to indicate how often they would come out. They technically could give us 1 update in that 10 years and it would be free and they would have fulfilled their commitment.

·
Registered
2018 Honda Gold Wing
9,835 Posts
I agree with Zee Fifty. They agreed to give us updates but failed to indicate how often they would come out. They technically could give us 1 update in that 10 years and it would be free and they would have fulfilled their commitment.
Yea it was a selling point back in 2018 and the way Honda came across with the free updates for ten years, it sure did sound like free updates every year for ten years.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I have a 2018 and there was a update in 2020 that added speed limit to the GPS screen did you not get that one?

·
Registered
475 Posts
I bought my 18' Tour in March 18'. By June I had installed a Garmin, did the updates but it is still mediocre at best. The only thing I can do on the fly is hit my home button, but that takes 2 tries being the 1st will not engage, back out, go in again and then it works.

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
Technically yes......
But it's pretty lowball to make such a statement and only provide 1 or 2 updates initially, then nothing from then on.
I would expect much more from a company like Honda on a touring bike that cost $30K.

Reactions: happyfred

·
Registered
17,723 Posts
Far more effective would be writing campaign to "Letters to the Editor" or the various motorcycemagazines mentioning the lax attention Honda of Japan has toward this issue. "HONDA, THE POWER OF DREAMS", we dream of a decent nav system, we challenge you!

prs

Reactions: KeithL

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Has anyone tried the Replacement of the Honda Maps with updated maps from their Garmin Device? I remember hearing about this done on the previous models wings.. :unsure:

·
Registered
2018 Honda Gold Wing
9,835 Posts
I was hoping for firmware upgrades more than map updates...Honda was going in the right direction with the July 2020 update and was hoping there would be more improvements with the Navi itself

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
The 2022 Honda GPS Update is now finalized and currently being stored in an air-sealed container locked in a cool, dry, dark room, ready for production in the upcoming, all-new-for 2025 Honda Gold Wing.

Tim

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
Meh. I don't recall being told about free map updates for 10 years. Maybe because it's been 4 years. Regardless, it wouldn't have been a selling point to me. I love my 2018 Tour DCT. And I use the heck out of the nav system.

·
Registered
9,766 Posts
Meh. I don't recall being told about free map updates for 10 years. Maybe because it's been 4 years. Regardless, it wouldn't have been a selling point to me. I love my 2018 Tour DCT. And I use the heck out of the nav system.
My biggest complaint is searching for addresses.
I tried several times, for hours, to search for my sons house.
No matter what order of input, it would never work.
No joy.
He's been living there 4 years. lol

1 - 20 of 67 Posts