1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yum…..
I like the first model especially. ;)

2022 Honda Goldwing Tour in Ultra Blue Metallic Starts @ 5:44
Shows the two-tone blue that is almost impossible to see on Honda’s website.
I’m liking it a lot, very sharp IMHO. (y)

·
Registered
2019 Darkness Black Goldwing DCT (1800BD)
1,877 Posts
That Rebel 1100 looks SHARP!

·
Registered
8,570 Posts
That really is nice. Almost as nice as my 2017. 👍

·
Registered
704 Posts
Yum…..
I like the first model especially. ;)

2022 Honda Goldwing Tour in Ultra Blue Metallic Starts @ 5:44
Shows the two-tone blue that is almost impossible to see on Honda’s website.
I’m liking it a lot, very sharp IMHO. (y)

Now that looks much better than what I have been seeing and the tail light's look like the 2018-2020 models and I like the amber for turn signals much better, I guess I will wait I was going to purchase a 21 Air Bag Friday thanks so much for the video.

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
I do not care for "how" they did the blue two-tone. The sides, you never know it is two tone, but the front or rear just looks like you had to replace panels and ended up with a different color. Like seeing a car that had been rear-ended and the replacement parts were from the wrong color and had not been painted to match.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I do not care for "how" they did the blue two-tone. The sides, you never know it is two tone, but the front or rear just looks like you had to replace panels and ended up with a different color. Like seeing a car that had been rear-ended and the replacement parts were from the wrong color and had not been painted to match.
Completely disagree with your acessment, but we each have our own opinion.
I think it’s absolutely beautiful and done very well, love the color choices and how it’s blended together with the muted lines.

The darker blue makes it look very classy…

·
Premium Member
19,870 Posts
For me I don't care for the two tone painted Goldwings. Any of them! We don't paint autos two tone why Goldwings! The easily scuffable seat on the 21-22 models is not an improvement

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I wonder if only the air bag models get the two tone treatment. The lighter blue sort of reminds me of the 2009 blue.

View attachment 392400
Good question...
From Honda's website picture of the 2022 DCT Tour (non-airbag) shown below.......as best as I can tell it's on the other models as well.
Would be nice if Honda had more information/photos on their website.....

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

·
Registered
8,570 Posts
Good question...
From Honda's website picture of the 2022 DCT Tour (non-airbag) shown below.......as best as I can tell it's on the other models as well.

View attachment 392411
If you look at the little square that shows available colors it looks like they are the same two-tone.

·
Registered
443 Posts
The same color Glint Wave Blue Metallic (2022 color according Honda Europe) was used on the 2012/13 SC68 Gl1800
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive lighting Motorcycle

Reactions: Brian_Fenner

·
Registered
443 Posts
And another EICMA video showing the 2022 model

Reactions: Brian_Fenner

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If you look at the little square that shows available colors it looks like they are the same two-tone.
The same color Glint Wave Blue Metallic was used on the 2012/13 SC68 Gl1800
View attachment 392412
And another EICMA video showing the 2022 model

Thanks guys...... (y)
I really want the Ultra Blue two-tone so I sure hope this is the case, as I placed my order with the dealer for the DCT Tour (non-airbag).

·
Registered
8,570 Posts
The same color Glint Wave Blue Metallic (2022 color according Honda Europe) was used on the 2012/13 SC68 Gl1800
View attachment 392412
Glint Wave Blue Metallic was also used on the 2017. But this blue on the 2022 is not the same. It's called Ultra Blue Metallic. Looks close from the pics but I'll bet it's a slightly different shade.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Good question...
Please find link with all Honda pictures

Honda Gold Wing

1 - 19 of 19 Posts