GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 20 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Haven't had a chance to look much yet......looks unchanged except for color changes as far as I can tell

Wheel Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Wheel Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
475 Posts
As of 2:47 pm your link still goes to '21 models. Is there any indication the '22 will have Adaptive Cruise Control?

·
Registered
475 Posts
Got it, thanks. No mention of ACC so I'm out. I'll 'suffer' another year with my 2018.

• Haha
Reactions: Steele67

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
An 2022 ultra blue metallic DCT Tour is in my future.......I'm making the move to a CSC trike conversion.

Would have been nice to have ACC and other upgrades, but I guess I'm not to surprised.........tough to do anything with the ongoing supply chain issues.

·
Registered
2018 GL1800 MT, 1998 Honda Shadow
226 Posts
Wonder if the metallic Blue in the US will translate into Red here in Canada. Honda is Blue in the US and red up here (really weird I know).. I prefer the Black or white

·
Registered
7,446 Posts
As of 2:47 pm your link still goes to '21 models. Is there any indication the '22 will have Adaptive Cruise Control?

OMG I Totally hope so................My car now has it, and I love it.............Much, much safer than regular cruise for sure...........This would keep us from rear ending a vehicle, while going 65 +++ MPH while on a highway, when a vehicle stops in front of you , and you have no time to stop fast enough, or you just didn't notice that it stopped or slowed down.....(y)(y) DBL thumbs up with this improvement.....

Ronnie

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
Says Sirius is included. To me, that means the antenna is already installed. It wasn't in 18. Was it included in 19, 20, and/or 21?

Reactions: Hoopdc

·
Registered
2020 Tour Manual, 2018 Royal Enfield Himalayan
251 Posts
Funny.....they say this about the audio.....: "Your new Gold Wing’s audio system is an excellent example of state-of-the-art technology."

Too bad they can't say the same thing about the Navigation. I think the Goldwing Navigation is adequate but in no way state-of-the-art!

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Looks like a nice shade of blue in the picture. But, as usual, they don't venture out into fresh colors anymore. Just the same boring ones.

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Funny.....they say this about the audio.....: "Your new Gold Wing’s audio system is an excellent example of state-of-the-art technology."

Too bad they can't say the same thing about the Navigation. I think the Goldwing Navigation is adequate but in no way state-of-the-art!
Well, they could say that about the Navigation and both would be lies. Maybe the audio system has the latest and greatest bells and whistles in capabilities, but it sounds terrible. Radio reception is bad. The prior model blows the new one away as far as audio sound quality goes. I won't even cover the poor navigation...

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I'm the eternal optimist. I was hoping the 2022 Wing would have ACC, and minimally some very minor tweaks ("improvements") to the electronic suspension, DCT programmitng, increasing the width of the panniers a hair, and for gawd's sake, changing the GPS's screen colours and contrast, in addition to some new, knock-my-socks-colours.

But as my pessimist friends like to remind me, optimists are always wrong.

It looks like in Canada, the lovely blue is available only in the airbag variant.

But examining Honda Canada's 2022 Wing photo gallery closely, it appears the saddle cover is back to the 'normal' vinyl, and not the faux suede used on the 2021s.

I'm impulsive and was thinking of trading my perfectly good '19 DCT Tour in for a '22 IF there had been an eye popping colour and either ACC or enlarged panniers, but nope. No deal.

Tim

·
Registered
140 Posts

really?? What's missing? mine on my 21 model navigates excellently.. It requires some getting used to to learn all the features. Other than an altimeter and a volt meter (Which are not really parts of a navigation system, but included in the competitors systems) mine needs nothing more. I put in any destination, save it to favorites, connect the output to my helmet and so far, it has flawlessly guided me to my destination. Even, when I leave the suggested route, for whatever reason, it finds my destination with a little re-calculation every time. So, where's the beef?
And what is "state of the art"? Find every mudhole on the planet? This is a street/touring mount....It ends where the pavement does...YMMV

1 - 20 of 134 Posts