GL1800Riders Forums banner
81 - 100 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Beyond the colors, I'm not crazy about this 'comparison.' It kinda makes it looks like there IS a comparison bewtween a Goldwing and a Road Glide. As WE all know, there IS NO COMPARING a Harley with a Goldwing, right ?? Yes.
Don't knock a Harley FL touring bike, they're very nice bikes. I long considered an Ultra Limited before I decided on the Tour DCT. Indian makes some nice models as well, the Challenger is a really fun bike to ride, it rips and has great handling. I love the Tour DCT, but man, that Challenger is a very nice bike as well.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Unless and until they come out with another pearl white, count me out. I’m not willing to pay another 3-4 grand to paint a new premium priced bike. I’ll keep my ’18 Tour 6sp until then. 60,000 miles isn’t even broken in yet. For many years I traded every 4 years for a new Wing, but I’m happy to spend more on trips and less on new paint that I don’t like. Thanks for the thread guys.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Let's see......they are both popular heavyweight touring motorcycles that perform their intended purpose admirably, yet in a different fashion, so yes, there is a comparison to be made. ;)

And Harley still offers more colors, more touring platforms, more accessories and a better dealer network than most, if not all other brands.......weather you like the marquee or not.
I don't dislike Harleys. I had one and put a lot of mileage on while I had it. 41,000 in 3 years. In the long run, it's simply a FACT Hondas are better made. One may "like" another brand, but that doesn't make it better. Sometimes it just 'weather' you like it or not.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Don't knock a Harley FL touring bike, they're very nice bikes. I long considered an Ultra Limited before I decided on the Tour DCT. Indian makes some nice models as well, the Challenger is a really fun bike to ride, it rips and has great handling. I love the Tour DCT, but man, that Challenger is a very nice bike as well.

Yep. All nice in their own way. Tomato - tomahto.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Unless and until they come out with another pearl white, count me out. I’m not willing to pay another 3-4 grand to paint a new premium priced bike. I’ll keep my ’18 Tour 6sp until then. 60,000 miles isn’t even broken in yet. For many years I traded every 4 years for a new Wing, but I’m happy to spend more on trips and less on new paint that I don’t like. Thanks for the thread guys.
Very logical and well-said. For me, the paint choices have to be exciting enough to say I gotta have it, not "well, I guess I can tolerate that".

·
Registered
5,308 Posts
I think the new ultra blue metallic is pretty nice looking......looking close it does have some striping on it too.

That said, they need to have at least 4-5 color choices like in the earlier Goldwing days...........and IMHO matte-black is not a color choice. :cautious:\

View attachment 392094
Does this come in the manual 6 speed tour or only dct. I want the manual with this color, if so i will order mine now

·
Registered
5,308 Posts
Yea, nothing nicer than a quiet full face helmet. Some years ago I made the mistake of buying a modular helmet and not giving it enough test miles before I went on a road trip...what a mistake that was...cruising down the interstate at 75mph that modular helmet was the loudest helmet I ever bought and boy did it put a dent in the fun...since then quietness is on the top of the list of requirements when I buy a new helmet.
If you would only had ear plugs in it is totally different.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Very logical and well-said. For me, the paint choices have to be exciting enough to say I gotta have it, not "well, I guess I can tolerate that".
Exactly. I saw the red on my '21 and I was like, right then, gotta have it!!! This was the pic I got from my dealer that sealed the deal. I've wanted a candy apple red bike since my "guess I can tolerate that" blue on my '05 FJR days.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

81 - 100 of 135 Posts