GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Purchased a 22 tour from Hap's Honda. Been buying bikes for years from them.
Having to Transport it up to our Western NC home early July. Looking forward to riding up in the Mtns.
Guess the bike I that compares most was my 2016 K1600 GTLe. As you know the balance of the GL1800 is very impressive.

Looking forward to learning more about the Bike using this forum.

Ian

Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Tire Automotive lighting

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Welcome from Eastern NC.

Congrats, nice eye catching color to boot.

I know very little about 2022 model but, I know they come with 2 tires and wheels, 2 seating positions and TONS of buttons you'll need to learns what they are...😁

Good luck, you'll be busy for a while but, it's a good learning experience, I'm sure but, most enjoyable education you ever get aside from finishing high school😁

·
Registered
9 Posts
Congrats on the new bike.

I would be interested in a compare and contrast between the 2022 Wing and the K1600GTL once you have some time on the new ride, as both bikes are on my radar for future purchase and I can only have one.

Safe travels....

·
Premium Member
Honda DCT Goldwing 2020, Matte Black and Red!
1,502 Posts
Congrats and welcome from the Tampa Bay Area.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Howdy from AZ and welcome to the Forum.
Nice looking bike!

·
Registered
2018 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT Airbag
2,828 Posts
Hi all

Having to Transport it up to our Western NC home early July. Looking forward to riding up in the Mtns.
Guess the bike I that compares most was my 2016 K1600 GTLe. As you know the balance of the GL1800 is very impressive.

Ian

View attachment 403601
Ridefar,
Very, very nice looking new Blue Tour. I recently traded in our '15 BMW K-1600 GTL-E for our new to us, '18 Tour DCT Airbag with 5,300 miles on it. I have a question for you. May I ask, did you order this new Wing or did you just happen to be in the dealer and the had one on the show room floor? The reason I ask is, way back about 7+ weeks ago, prior to out purchasing our '18 Tour, I called FIFTEEN STATES in looking for a brand new Blue Tour and not one dealer had one. And, not one could tell me when one would arrive. Just wondering.
Scott

Congrats on the new bike.

I would be interested in a compare and contrast between the 2022 Wing and the K1600GTL once you have some time on the new ride, as both bikes are on my radar for future purchase and I can only have one.

Safe travels....
Ridefar,
As stated above, we recently traded in our '15 BMW K-1600 GTL Exclusive for our new to us '18 Tour DCT Airbag. I rode that BMW for a year. It was a very, very nice bike. It had gobs ad gobs of power. Handling was in my opinion, kind-a poor at low speeds. I attribute that to the 6.5 gallons of fuel sitting pretty high. The engine is situated somewhat low but, not nearly as low as the Wing engine. And the Wings fuel tanks is also seriously lower than the BMW tank. In my personnal opinion, the Wing out handles the BMW K1600 at around 30 and below for reasons stated. At speeds of maybe 50 and above, there may not be much difference.

The Garmin IV GPS that was standard on that model of BMW, does have some better attributes than the present Wings GPS. I won't go into those unless I'm asked because, most riders probably wouldn't care. But, I can tell you this, in mine AND my wifes opinion, (she rides with me about 90% of the time) the '18 and above Wing is a superior bike to the K-1600 minus the accelleration capabilities. And both of us could care less about that.
Scott

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all

Ian

View attachment 403601
Hi all

Ian

View attachment 403601
Congratulations! I looked for the '22 and this blue color but it was not findable except for 1 or 2 in states far away. So the 2021 it was. The balance in the design is amazing. Comfort is A-1. Will be selling the Sportster.

·
Registered
5,588 Posts
Hi all

Ian

View attachment 403601
Is it a dct or 6 speed

·
Registered
5,588 Posts
Ridefar,
Very, very nice looking new Blue Tour. I recently traded in our '15 BMW K-1600 GTL-E for our new to us, '18 Tour DCT Airbag with 5,300 miles on it. I have a question for you. May I ask, did you order this new Wing or did you just happen to be in the dealer and the had one on the show room floor? The reason I ask is, way back about 7+ weeks ago, prior to out purchasing our '18 Tour, I called FIFTEEN STATES in looking for a brand new Blue Tour and not one dealer had one. And, not one could tell me when one would arrive. Just wondering.
Scott

Ridefar,
As stated above, we recently traded in our '15 BMW K-1600 GTL Exclusive for our new to us '18 Tour DCT Airbag. I rode that BMW for a year. It was a very, very nice bike. It had gobs ad gobs of power. Handling was in my opinion, kind-a poor at low speeds. I attribute that to the 6.5 gallons of fuel sitting pretty high. The engine is situated somewhat low but, not nearly as low as the Wing engine. And the Wings fuel tanks is also seriously lower than the BMW tank. In my personnal opinion, the Wing out handles the BMW K1600 at around 30 and below for reasons stated. At speeds of maybe 50 and above, there may not be much difference.

The Garmin IV GPS that was standard on that model of BMW, does have some better attributes than the present Wings GPS. I won't go into those unless I'm asked because, most riders probably wouldn't care. But, I can tell you this, in mine AND my wifes opinion, (she rides with me about 90% of the time) the '18 and above Wing is a superior bike to the K-1600 minus the accelleration capabilities. And both of us could care less about that.
Scott
When I was looking december 2021 i found a blue 6 speed in 2 different honda dealers in san antonio, texas sitting on the showroom floor. I put a sold sign on one.

·
Registered
2002 Stream Silver ABS. Full Traxxion Suspension.
1,229 Posts
Nice looking Wing! Welcome from NE Florida

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Western NC 15 west of Murphy NC.

2022 DCT after one ride I was sold.

I enjoyed my K1600 GTLe had toe surgery and it's slow healing so upshifting and balance have been a concern. Due to high CG on K1600.

Thanks guys only issue I'm facing is trailering it to the Mtns or just higher someone.
I have a Aluma car trailer that is configured to hold 4 motorcycles with Condor 1500. photo only shows 1 wheel chock.
It's similar the the K1600 so straping it in should be similar.

Wheel Tire Plant Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Reactions: fla_rider
1 - 20 of 27 Posts