GL1800Riders Forums banner

2023 Navigation Update!!!

28K views 215 replies 100 participants last post by  rbass 
#1 ·
#6 ·
Pre-2018 is entirely different. They are Garmin units. Updates are at Garmin.com/goldwing. Unfortunately, there hasn't been an update in years and probably won't be.

#8 ·
Nice.
Update #6 for GPS and Audio system.
USA

00 GPS Original 1-24-18 (Original Software)
01 GPS Update 10-21-2018
02 GPS Update 11-9-2018
03 GPS Update 1-24-2019
04 GPS Update 3-1-2020
05 GPS Update 7-23-2020
06 GPS Update 3-15-2023

#9 ·
Read thru the update description. Looks like just a map update, nothing about addressing the other multiple complaints and glitches. Oh well, we'll try it and see. 🙄

#11 ·
On the Update page when you "check" the latest version number, Honda still lists:
-- HG.ACM.20.04.08.10.28.00
The Nav system version on my 2023 Wing, is:
-- HG.ACM.21.11.28.12.04.00

Hopefully, they just neglected to update the website page info!
Would be interested to see what version you guys end up with on your bikes after this upgrade... Who knows, I may actually need it too. :cool:
HTH

• Helpful
Reactions: Blowndodge
#26 ·
On my 2023 Tour DCT purchased on 2/21/23 (VIN ending in 500xxx) it came with version HG.ACM.20.04.08.10.28.00.

I will be interested to see what version that you end up with after this "new" update.

Carl

#13 ·
From the Honda Update webpage.....
  • Map Update
Also Includes Features From the 2020 Update:
  • Android Auto Compatibility*
  • Audio Equalizer Adjustments
  • New Navi Automatic Volume Adjustment
  • New Four-Color Map Selection
  • New ETA Function
  • Speed Limit Signs Shown on Route
  • Chinese and Korean Characters Displayed on Music Titles and Phone Book

#15 ·
From the Honda Update webpage.....
  • Map Update
Also Includes Features From the 2020 Update:
  • Android Auto Compatibility*
  • Audio Equalizer Adjustments
  • New Navi Automatic Volume Adjustment
  • New Four-Color Map Selection
  • New ETA Function
  • Speed Limit Signs Shown on Route
  • Chinese and Korean Characters Displayed on Music Titles and Phone Book
Except for the logograms, looks like Garmin's old tech from previous (and current) Zumo iterations. Nice to see Mother Honda making an effort to upgrade an otherwise lackluster nav system.

#29 ·
Brand new 2023 GW DCT TOUR.
No update needed for this bike, but I figured I would check.

PS. The bike didnt like a 32GB thumb drive and/or formatted OS Extended with GUID Boot Record (Apple MACBOOK) - so I used a 16GB drive, OS Extended and selected MBR for the boot record and while it worked that time, the update is the same that was on the bike when I bought it..

Font Gadget Flat panel display Display device Technology

#32 ·
If you saw my post, I had issues with a 32GB card but it's unclear if it was the MBR type when I formatted it and/or the actual size of the thumb drive. 16GB for sure works and we can't use any less than that since the .iso file is around 9GB.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.