GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After the report from flydeep on the 205/60X16, I had to find out if it would work. I like the taller tires for the speedo so; The Riken 205/55r16 RAPTOR ZR, made by Michelin is now on my 06 GL1800. It is very smooth and quiet. It sticks to the road like it was part of the road. I have tried from 32-42 lbs of air and it does not feel like the side walls are floating at all. The tire does come with rim guard made into the bead. I think this makes the side wall stiff and holds it solid on the road. I did let the air out to install on the bike and still had to compress the tred and side walls to get it in place [not easy to do] but does have clearance. I have had it up to 90+ mph and still no rub. I will leave it on till it wears out, I do like the ride. I must say, I think the best size tire would have to be 195/60X16 with rim guard.[no one makes it that I can find] Untill someone does, I will stay with this. I do not say to try the one I have on now, it is only 1/2" taller and 1/2" wider than the 195/55 but a lot harder to get in place. This is my first post but I have been following for sometime. I did take pictures but this slooooow computer and me are not smart enough to include them. Thanks for the ideas, keep them comeing..Alan :D

·
Registered
973 Posts
Al, I'm it glad it works for you. Good luck and keep us posted on your experiences with it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts