GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will it fit?
I see this one as a good Speed match tire. I wanted to try a Non Run flat this time.
I saw on Murgies list that there were a couple listed in this size. Just no data on rubbidge
I'm doing this , this evening.
Thanks

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
I'll be real surprised if it doesn't rub the chit out of at least one, maybe two places.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
205/60

Hello,
I installed the 205/60 Tripltreda few weeks ago as my first CT ever. I love the tire for all the reasons riders love the Darkside. It only rubbed in one spot. In the front right side of the inner fender well. fixing the problem took about five minutes. Just remove the right side scuff cover in front of the saddlebag, drill about a 1/4 inch hole in the black plastic piece that is visible throught the scuff cover and zip tie it up as cloe to the frame by the seat mounting hole as possible. That pulls the inner fender away from the front right corner of the tire and it will not rub again.
Enjoy !!!

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
I've got about 2k miles on mine (A Rocket III Touring, not a Wing).. It's OK and is showing NO WEAR... I am running 42psi because I didn't like the "vaugue" feeling...
While it's got some good advantages, I am going back to a MT, just a couple of issues that are unresolvable that I can not "get used to" even after 2k..

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
I've got about 2k miles on mine (A Rocket III Touring, not a Wing).. It's OK and is showing NO WEAR... I am running 42psi because I didn't like the "vaugue" feeling...
While it's got some good advantages, I am going back to a MT, just a couple of issues that are unresolvable that I can not "get used to" even after 2k..
What were the "unresolvable" issues that you could not get used to? Very curious!

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Give a 175 a try. The 205's have a lot of leverage out there for hard cornering. It's nice to know they will work since they are available and could probably be mounted by a car tire shop on a Sunday in a pinch. I'd rather deal with the wideness of a 205 than the harshness and lack of traction of a MT. The 175 gives me much less input on uneven roads and it corners more consistantly.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
This 205 is my first car tire, so I can't compare it to any other, but I love it. It gets rid of all the harshness in the road, and it feels perfectly normal cornering with it. I can scrape my stock driver's footpegs without too muck effort even though it's a taller tire than the stock one which means I have to lean even further to do so. My wife even feels how much more stable the bike feels in the curves and twisties. I like it best between 32-35 lbs. :thumbup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts