GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2008 GL1800, Falken/BT-45R

Last week I rode from Richmond VA to Lake George NY for the Americade Rally. We took 3 days to get there via VA, PA, NY, NH and VT. Two days at the rally riding the Adirondecks and a very long day (10 hrs) riding home. We had heat (over 95 degree's) and lots of rain. It was my first long trip on the new tires.

Simply put .... it was the best, smoothest and most comfortable ride I have ever had. The combination of the Falken and BT-45R was perfect for me. It is amazing how well these tires do in the rain..... and I mean hard rain.

We even rode up Mt Washington in NH. The road was steep with no guardrails, sheer drop offs and at least a mile of dirt and gravel. The tires never lost grip. The two guys I rode with said they were skipping on the dirt and gravel all the way up.

For the ride I lowered the front tire pressure to 38-39psi and I bumped the rear tire pressure up to around 43-44psi.

I'm a very happy Double Darkside Member.

Attachments

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Skychs, I am glad you had a great trip. You can not beat a C/T on wet roads. The Falken is a fantastic tire, smooth quiet and grips like there's no tomorrow!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Skychs, I am glad you had a great trip. You can not beat a C/T on wet roads. The Falken is a fantastic tire, smooth quiet and grips like there's no tomorrow!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Unless you use Cobras, ask Rail????

We did the dragon in that heard rain, you were there, remember??? :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

Didn't slip once, front or back... :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Just saying!!!

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Unless you use Cobras, ask Rail????

We did the dragon in that heard rain, you were there, remember??? :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

Didn't slip once, front or back... :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Just saying!!!

:thumbup:Avons hook up great in the rain. But there ROUND :tongue:

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
I agree with you on your write up I will never go back to a rear MT ever. I don't care who makes them. I like the extra contact on the road and its much safer in the rain than any MT made!!!!. The Falken is a great tire and as close to a MT as you can get. Glad you had a fun time and enjoyed the Darkside :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts