Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now for everyones review, how about "What GPS bracket used", "What mount", and any noticeable vibrations or problems?"
Available mounts I know of are,
1-original base
2-Garmin motorcycle kit
3-Ram kit adapter
4-Touratech

Mountings so far are;
1- RAM
2- Telexent Bar
3- home made

·
Registered
296 Posts
2610 Mount

I now use the mounting bracket produced by Garmin, attached via the RAM system, and have found it to be very reliable. The GPS does not seem to vibrate too much on the roads/spped I travel. Had previously used a bracket marketed by MobileCX, and had two things against it: The GPS installed very easily, and thus could be removed a little too easily (the Garmin bracket has at least a basic security device - a small screw in the latch that can be tightened to prevent the latch from being opened), and it seemed to transmit too much vibration to the GPS. I could envision cracks developing in the back of the bracket over time, similar to what I experienced with my SP III bracket, for the same reason.

The German company that you refer to is Touratech. I understand that they produce an outstanding mount. I know they have one that has a key lock to secure the GPS. The bracket itself costs somewhat over $100 for either the locking or non-locking version, so it isn't cheap!

I think that, with a little caution, the 2610 will be adequately held in the Garmin mount. I can remove it when leaving the bike for extended periods, I can use a half-cover for some added security - to keep prying eyes away, and I can and will use a security system to give perimeter security.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts