GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lets review, so far two people cut the 110 vac adapter cables hoping to find the audio speaker cables. There are only two wires for power there. The new motorcycle cable has four wires at the end. Two for power and fuse, the other two are cut even and are NOT connected to the GPS plug in any fashion. So the only remaining option is to hack an original speaker/dc adapter harness, if the others are not what you want. JON has come up with something else, but for now, these are it.

·
Registered
296 Posts
2610 Hookup

So the only remaining option is to hack an original speaker/dc adapter harness
That's exactly what I did. Hacked an additional speaker/12v power cable, patched it into my existing GPSet. I am very pleased with the function of this. Granted, I already had the basic electronics, so to purchase an additional cable represented a much more cost effective solution for me. Figuring out the cable was easy, easier than getting into the correct wires in the GPSet, but it's done, soldered, and working properly. I might want to go back and rewire the power lead so that I have power all the time, not just when the key is on. I do like the fact that the 2610 comes on automatically when there is power applied to it. Makes it real convenient.

All in all, I am very pleased with the 2610 and the functionality of my setup. 8) 8) 8)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts