GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2610 stops reading elevation at 10,000 feet! Is there a fix for this? I already have the latest software version for the 2610. Thanks.

P.S. don't go this high often, but when in Colorado, sometimes 2 to 3 times in a day. It would be nice to know how high I am instead of seeing --------- after 10,000 feet!

·
Registered
594 Posts
Texaswinger,

The 2610 has 2 settings in which the elevation in feet can be shown:

1- Shows both elevation and speed - shows elevations above 10,000 feet

2 -Shows just elevation - tops out at 9,999 feet

Per Garmin, its just a programming glitch.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Fuzzy,

Trust me, you are incorrect. As I previously explained, 1 of the 2 elevation displays does in fact display elevations above 10,000 feet. After checking some of my trip photos I can tell you unequivocally that the setting which displays both elevation and speed does in fact display elevations above 10,00 feet.

After my first trip through the Rockies with my 2610 I contacted Garmin with this very concern. They pointed out that a programming glitch causes the 'elevation only' display to top out at 9,999 feet. On my next trip through the Rockies I confirmed this fact and displayed all elevation throughout my 9,600 mile trip. This year it was nice to see a reading of 14,224 feet in the Mt. Evans parking lot rather than the 9,999 feet I had seen the year before!

G

·
Tangleyes said:
Hydor, could you tell me how to get the 6 information displays on my 2610? Yours is cool--I only have 3.

Thanks

Dwight
G0 to page 43 in your owners manual. It explains exactly how to do it. There are steps that you need to perform, and there are several options you can choose from. There is even more information available than you see on Hydors.

There is also an explaination of how to reset to the factory settings.

·
Registered
33 Posts
2610 Altitude/Elevation

Ok I'm with you on the elevation problem.

Are you saying that the only way the 2610 will display elevation above 9999ft is with the tab set with the spped shown along with it? It will not display elevation above 9999 on a tab by it's self?

I know you can go to the satelite display/info page and it will show elevation above 9999ft. But I would like it to display it on a tab by it's self?

How do I cure this glitch. I loaded the latest software and even loaded the V8 maps all to no help.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Fuzzy said:
You can see the elevation above 10K feet on the satellite status screen. The tab on the map screen that shows only elevation is formatted for 4 digits.
Yep!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hey guys,

I wasn't aware that you could show elevation on the screen like that. I'm having a problem though. I went to the other thread referenced above to set up my 2610, and I can't get it to work. When I go into Tab Setup, the only options I have are for Wide, Narrow, and Compact Tabs - There is no "Custom" selection. Am I doing something wrong? I'm not moving, and I have the unit set to "Use Indoors."

Does anyone know why I can't set up Custom Tabs?

Thanks

Brian

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Go buy a 376. All your problems will be corrected. The highest I have had mine was 36,800 feet.

G

·
ckb96124 said:
Hey guys,

I wasn't aware that you could show elevation on the screen like that. I'm having a problem though. I went to the other thread referenced above to set up my 2610, and I can't get it to work. When I go into Tab Setup, the only options I have are for Wide, Narrow, and Compact Tabs - There is no "Custom" selection. Am I doing something wrong? I'm not moving, and I have the unit set to "Use Indoors."

Does anyone know why I can't set up Custom Tabs?

Thanks

Brian

From the map screen, press menu, then tab setup, then menu, then custom setup.

There are four tabs you can customize.

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
Texaswinger77511 said:
My 2610 stops reading elevation at 10,000 feet! Is there a fix for this? I already have the latest software version for the 2610. Thanks.

P.S. don't go this high often, but when in Colorado, sometimes 2 to 3 times in a day. It would be nice to know how high I am instead of seeing --------- after 10,000 feet!
Hey Texaswinger, may be I missed it on my way through Alvin last week, but I didn't realize that Mount Alvin was over 10,000ft :) Welcome aboard and if you see a Titanium passing through, give a wave. Later dude!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks Guys for all the quick answers. This forum is a great place to find the solutions to many of the glitches that are out there.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts