GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to carelessness on my part, my Garmin 2610 took a tumble, and although it works just fine, there is cosmetic scratches on the front facade (but not the screen). I have leveled most of the damage using progressively finer sandpaper, and it looks OK, but I want to do better.

My plan is to paint the frant facade, but would like to do this without having to mask the screen and buttons.

I have split the case, looked inside, got scared, and put it back together.

Can someone with experience (Jon, Betthe?) tell me if it is possible to separate the screen and buttons from the front facade without having to deal with springs, soldering cables, etc. so I can just deal with the plastic front?

Cross posted to the tech board.

Any pics would be terrific!

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Ken,
When I was in the Army I found that the guys in the motor pool would rub grease on anything they didn't want painted. I saw them putting grease on the instruments on a Jeep dash before painting. I guess after painting they just cleaned off the grease and the paint over spray.

Just something else for you to consider. Maybe coat the screen and buttons w/Vaseline? :shrug:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts