GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about putting a ram base with short or mid length arm on the top of right pocket door. I would use a plate on inside to beef it up some . Think the door would take it ? Anyone out there tried it ? would the henges & latch leave my poor 2610 on the side of the road ? :shock:
What do you think?

·
Registered
111 Posts
I think this would put the GPS too far out of your line of site.
To aswer your question, I would be concerned about the integrity of the latch. A big pothole might pop it open turning your GPS into an automotive soccer ball.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys CJS I like the looks of that mount I bookmarked their site. What the deal is I don't use my 2610 much .I keep the wires in the right pocket when not in use and was trying to come up with a mount so I wouldn't have to run the wires on the handle bars .

·
Registered
642 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
I bought a 2003 that had a EK mount on the left bar for a 2610. I wasnt sure if I was going to like it but it was there and it was wired. I found I had to raise it up just a touch to get a clear look at the GPS. Probably a result of installing a Diamond seat that moved me up and back. I used one of Jon's gamage plates to do that. I now have EK's on both bars and have mounted my XM on the right bar. I found I had to raise the base of the XM to clear the handlebar, one more of Jon's gamage plates. I am extremely happy with the XM mounting. While the GPS mounting works well I find I was a bit happier with Jon's dash mount for my Garmin.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts