GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been using my Garmin 2610 for many years now and wouldn't trade it for nothing??!!, BUT I just heard that Garmin is no longer going to sell Map update for this unite?
It looks like I'm going to have to repace it but I don't know with what!
Is there any other GPS that all the features of the 2610?
I don't need the MP3 player or XM!
Thanks
Bob

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I've been using my Garmin 2610 for many years now and wouldn't trade it for nothing??!!, BUT I just heard that Garmin is no longer going to sell Map update for this unite?
It looks like I'm going to have to repace it but I don't know with what!
Is there any other GPS that all the features of the 2610?
I don't need the MP3 player or XM!
Thanks
Bob
GWM,
The 2720, 2730 and 2820 will all replace the 2610 and use the same mounts and cables. These units are also discontinued but use the City Navigator NT that the newer units currently use so they should be available for quite a while.

There are some good deals to be had on ebay and some of the electronic stores for Garmin's refurbished units; these come with the same one year warranty as new units. These units were originally about $900 - $1,200 but are available for $100 - $250 shipped. :thumbup:

Check with www.gpscity.com and www.getfeetwet.com for bargins.

I really like the MP3 player of the 2730 (& 2820) in that I can route the audio from the GPS into the audio Aux input that will allow you to have the GPS audio and music from Aux.

Good Luck & Good Shopping!

·
Registered
44 Posts
2610 Replacement

I recently got a 2720 to replace my beloved 2610. Cost me about $100 for a refurbished unit with a 1 year warranty. I did update the database/maps thru Garmin...but I won't likely do that again to this unit. 2720 is a nice GPS.

Marc

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I recently got a 2720 to replace my beloved 2610. Cost me about $100 for a refurbished unit with a 1 year warranty. I did update the database/maps thru Garmin...but I won't likely do that again to this unit. 2720 is a nice GPS.

Marc
Marc,
I have updated my 2610 maps through Garmin several times, but recently found that some of the GPS stores (listed above) sell the updates considerably cheaper. I think Garmin sell all their products at "msrp" to avoid cutting in on their retailers' proffits.

Might also look at www.gpsdiscount.com.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts