GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that in Mapsource, you can change the speed preferences for different types of roads. Is there a similar feature on the 2610? If not, then what speeds does the 2610 use when calculating ETA?

·
Registered
2021 Red/Black Goldwing Tour DCT
705 Posts
I think it calculates ETA from the speed your traveling. :roll:

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But when you enter a destination while sitting in the driveway, you immediately get an ETA, even when not moving.

I can understand how it calculates an ETA when you plan a route on the computer, becuase you can control the speeds, what what controls the ETA when you plan a route using the screen?

·
Registered
788 Posts
No mention of setting road type 'driving speeds' in the 2610 Manual RevC, so I'll assume that they are hard wired in the firmware in the GPS.

There is an outside chance that the MapSource 'driving speeds' that you set in MapSource are downloaded to the GPS, but I doubt it.

You could check this out by changing the 'driving speeds' in Mapsource from one extreme to another and see if the route ETA changes while remaining stationary.

Maybe I'll take up that challenge. :wink:

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
The NavTeq map data includes speed ratings for each road segment - I believe that these values determine the starting point for the ETA calculations and cannot be modified in the unit.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Jon said:
The NavTeq map data includes speed ratings for each road segment - I believe that these values determine the starting point for the ETA calculations and cannot be modified in the unit.
Jon,

Thanks! Now I don't have to perform the experiment! :wink:

·
Registered
788 Posts
Jon said:
Go ahead and try it - you might need something to keep you busy for a day or two anyway...
Nah!! Too busy planning and taking rides. :wink:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts