GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2610 on a ram mount on the left handlebar that still works great but the screen is getting funky on me and want upgrade to either a zumo 550 or 660.
I have the 2610 wired to give commands through the intercom and want to have the zumo set up the same way.
What do I need to accomplish this?

·
Registered
366 Posts
IA Wing,

To get answers to your questions quickly, it really helps if you provide as much information about your current installation (if any) and exactly what you want to do. You stated what you want to do -- but not exactly how you're doing it now...!

Just guessing, here's one possible solution:
IF you are using a Kennedy module to feed the SP-2610 audio into the Intercom, you probably only need the correct audio cable from the Kennedy to the ZUMO (not Power/Audio because all the power cabling and motorcycle and auto brackets are included with the ZUMO.

If you are connected usng some other gear, I can't help.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I was going to do the same thing when my 2610 went south, but it was another $200 or so to fix Zumo like the 2610 had been. So I got a 2730 instead. Same connections and upgraded functions.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Zumo 660

A Zumo 660 comes with a wiring harness that accepts the 3.5 mm plug that runs to the Aux input on the radio. The voice commands from the Zumo can be heard thru either the main speakers or the headset speakers of the intercom depending on your preference.
I have the Zumo 660 and have been very pleased with it.
Jim

·
Banned
1,128 Posts
Yup, Jim said it all! I also have the Zumo 660 and love it! :thumbup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts