GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Garmin update

Thanks for the heads up, KY the 2610 I got from you has been flawless Thanks again.

Gary B.

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
I tried to upload it and got a caution, that it did not meet MS Logo.... for XP.

So I stopped the install according to their caution.

Bulldog

·
Registered
409 Posts
I just preformed the update and got no warnings. Am also running XP.
The webupdator wizard did do an update on itself first though. Ver 2.4

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I received the same e-mail...haven't updated yet. I wanted to wait for someone else to do the beta work. :lol:

Any problems with the up-date that ya know of?

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Looks like if you have updated maps to version 8 You should do this firmware upgrade, Thanks so much Garmin for still supporting the best unit I think Youever made, here is what it says for update
Change History

Changes made from version 4.70 to 4.80:

Corrected a problem that could skip via points and go straight to the destination when using City Navigator North America v8.0.
Corrected a problem that could cause a shutdown when doing a POI find-by-name with City Navigator North America v8.0.
Corrected a problem with the odometer field on the main map that caused the mileage number to blank when over 9,999 miles or kilometers.
Corrected a problem that prevented the search results page from updating while moving

·
Registered
2018 Honda Gold Wing
7,581 Posts
I just updated my 2610 and all went very smooth. I got a message saying that all user data would be erased, so I saved my waypoints and routes to mapsource before the update. After the update all my users data was still there.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
I updated mine today. No problems, however, I haven't used it yet. Just turned it off and put it away.

·
Registered
2018 Honda Gold Wing
7,581 Posts
I tried my 2610 in my truck and the only difference I could see with it after the update is that the odometers are dead on with each other now. Before the update for some reason, they would not match each other after some miles.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Slight problem?

I used my 2610 in the truck last night in the routing mode. About 1.5 miles from my destination, after making a turn, the unit locked up. Switched it off, back on, and all was well. Was on open road so don't know what happened. Never had a problem with it locking up before the upgrade but it may have been a coincidence????

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Roadie said:
I tried my 2610 in my truck and the only difference I could see with it after the update is that the odometers are dead on with each other now. Before the update for some reason, they would not match each other after some miles.
I've noticed that on mine also.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Thanks guys...I appreciate the info.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Yep, I got it too.

However, I have no problem in DL'ing the required patch and hitting the "INSTALL" Button. :D

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
This is weird, I used the 2610 updater and it told me that the version I currently had was newer than the updated one, so...I didn't "upgrade". I'm very confused!

·
Registered
788 Posts
WB0SPL said:
This is weird, I used the 2610 updater and it told me that the version I currently had was newer than the updated one, so...I didn't "upgrade". I'm very confused!
Did you have your 2610 just returned by Garmin for repair? I have noticed that returned repairs some times have software that is newer than the 'update' on their website. A little confusing.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Neil-In-Seattle said:
WB0SPL said:
Did you have your 2610 just returned by Garmin for repair? I have noticed that returned repairs some times have software that is newer than the 'update' on their website. A little confusing.
Well...now that you mention it, I did have some warranty work done about 6 months ago. The USB plug on the unit itself went Tango Uniform. I sent it back and Garmin replaced the whole unit. It sounds like I may have an upgrade upgrade! :shock:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts