GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to upgrade from a SP2610 to maybe the 2820. What I would like to know will the 2820 fit into my dash mount and lock in (from Jon on this board) and will the power cord be the same so I don't have to rewire the bike?
I don't care about the bluetooth, or having the unit talk to me, I just want to see the maps.

·
Registered
632 Posts
I am far sighted and I wanted a larger GPS so I have mounted a Garmin SP7200 (7") on my '06 NAV wing. This is the 2nd 7" unit I have used on the wing. I had a Plenio VXA-3000 (7") before, but map upgrades and somewhat buggy software made me change to Garmin. I also have a Garmin SP2820 mounted on my '96 Suzuki. Both my 7200 and the 2820 have the 2010 map upgrades installed. I realize that the Streetpilot series are discontinued, but I talked in depth with two different Garmin support people before I bought these units and they advised me that map updates will continue for these units so I decided to purchase the lifetime upgrades for both of them. I have them mounted with the Garmin motorcycle mounting kits (Garmin 010-10495-00). Both units work like a charm. I realize that the 7200 isn't waterproof but I just put a baggie over it when I ride in the rain. I have a 2GB SD card loaded with mp3's on the 7200 and I have the 2820 loaded up with mp3's also. I even used Garmins xImage software to put a picture of each motorcycle on its' respective unit as the splash screen. The 2820 will mount in the Garmin 010-10495-00 (motorcycle mount kit for the SP2610 with no retrofitting). BTW, if you buy a refurbished unit, you will not get the free 2010 map upgrade. You will have to pay for it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.