GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELP!! I am on the road and I have a problem with my 2730, When I turn it on it keep's on flashing the startup page "STREETPILOT" Any suggestion's???

·
Registered
624 Posts
I suggest that you call Garmin tech support

- Monday - Friday
- 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Central time (closed holidays)
- 1-800-800-1020
- 1-888-442-7646
or
- (913) 397-8200

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have had this happen after a software upgrade. Usually disconnecting the power from the back of the unit resolved it temporarily. If you have done an upgrade lately, you may want to re-install it to the unit again.

Hope this helps;
Gord

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

I have just arrived back home, I have hooked it up to the computer but it will not log on to the computer just keeps flashing STREETPILOT.
I will get in touch with Garmin tomorrow

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I received a update from Garmin with a fix for the problem, but it did not work tried a master reset which also did not work so I guess it will have to be sent off for repair here in Canada. (cannot be sent to Garmin in U.S.)

·
Registered
49 Posts
What age is that unit?

and how many miles have you ridden with that unit?

Do you think vibration knocked it out or was it a recent program change?

I have the 2720, two years old and did Route 66 (Read very bumpy) 5 times on a HD Roadking and it is still working properly.

Thanx!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

The unit is 9 month's old it has done about 20,000 mile about 16,000 of that on my wing.
It was in my van at the time I had used it to navigate to where I was, I left the van for about 30 minute's got back in and it just flashed STREETPILOT.
I have never had a problem with the unit and I do not think it was vibration.

I was picking my new wing up at the time (trailer -10c) perhap's it was upset at being made redundant!! LOL :lol: :lol:

P.S. it will never be redundant I will still use it on long journey's.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Does it have a harddrive or a CF card for the map data base. If it has a CF card, try taking it out and reinserting it. It may have vibrated loose just enough to make it unreadable.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update

Picked up my Garmin 2730 today they replaced it with a new one. I was expecting that if it was replaced it would be refurbished.
They did not tell me what was wrong with the old one.

·
Registered
624 Posts
How did you determine that it is new and not refurbished?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts