GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a 2730 in early May. It has performed flawlessly. Yesterday it rained a small amount. After the rain the screen had a crackled appearance. On closer examination the crackle was from a very thin film of sheathing which broke right up and wiped off, however I can see the edges of the film are still trapped between the housing and screen which indicates the film was there when it was assembled. I donot recall removing a protective layer from the screen when I received it new. Is this indeed a protective film which is applied to protect screens? or is something else wrong? There where no markings on the film indicating it should be removed nor could I find any instructions in the setup saying a film should be removed. The interesting part is the screen appears to be much brighter now. Is this normal?

·
Registered
366 Posts
Skinnygirl,

Yeah, the unit is shipped with a protective film over the screen. But it is not an exact fit -- it's pretty obvious that it is to be removed.

However, anything is possible and if the screen looks better and the touch screen works, go for it...!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts