GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...plus Tennessee sales tax, INSTALLED!

Honda of Jacksonville is set up at Wing Ding, so if you're in Knoxville and need tires, now is your chance to save some green!

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
sure wish I was in Tn.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Sure wish I had a bike. :cry:

·
Registered
547 Posts
That is a great price. I paid $10 less (Bought from Hal during July 4th sale.) but will have to pay $10 each to have them installed. Plus I'll need to get teh wheels off of the bike.

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
That is a great price. I paid $10 less (Bought from Hal during July 4th sale.) but will have to pay $10 each to have them installed. Plus I'll need to get teh wheels off of the bike.

Now add in Tennessees high sales tax, plus the $$ to get into the event, and the gas you saved by not going, your still waaaaaaay better off.

·
Registered
242 Posts
That's a heck of a deal! Even with the event entry.
You have to pay taxes at any dealer.
Unless your time is worthless but mine's not.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Paid $291 OTD for a set of Stones yesterday at their store in Jax. I carried in the rear wheel because it developed a blister and I will take the bike in for the front wheel today. Great people to deal with.

By the way, laying the bike down to remove the rear wheel worked great. I used a short 19MM socket with 3 inch extension to remove the lug nuts, no need for a deep well socket.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Now add in Tennessees high sales tax, plus the $$ to get into the event, and the gas you saved by not going, your still waaaaaaay better off.
TN sales tax= 7% general tax + 9.75% max local sales tax
AR sales tax= 6% general tax + 9.25% max local sales tax

Yes, TN is MUCH MUCH higher than AR.

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
TN sales tax= 7% general tax + 9.75% max local sales tax
AR sales tax= 6% general tax + 9.25% max local sales tax

Yes, TN is MUCH MUCH higher than AR.
There is ZERO tax in ar and tenn, when you buy the tires from Directline, and have them shipped in for free..

When you buy them at wingy dingy, in Tenn, you pay tax on the entire amount, and your tax figure for Knoxville is quite low, Its at least 11%.

·
Registered
4,650 Posts
Both wrong. The total state and local is a max of 9.75% in Tennessee. Unless you are buying a motor vehicle. Then you have to use a calculator based on the county/city you are buying it. It gets complicated. However, I have yet to pay a dime in state income tax.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts