GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know if when using Bluetooth paired to the GPS if you can read your contact directory on your phone directly off the GPS

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ED norton(CT)

I also have an LG8300 so hopefully it should be the same

Thanks for the reply

·
Registered
175 Posts
I carry my phone in the trunk now and make all phone calls through the GPS. I have the standard Verizon bluetooth phone. Works great. Everything is synched when I turn on the gps, including contacts, call history, etc. Just like seeing yr phone through GPS. Bob

·
Registered
80 Posts
what do you use for a mic when talking on the phone through the gps?

·
DSI Keeper
9,186 Posts
MotoBob said:
Mikes03Wing said:
I have the JM helmet and mike install integrated into the intercom of my bike through my Kennedy Tech interface. Works perfect. Bob

http://www.cellset.com/
MotoBob, I have exactly the same set up as you. I already have headsets, now I have to figure out how to speak into my mic to speak thru the cellphone. I have tested it with the supplied mic (works fine), but don't want another cord running to my helmet. I looked at cellset site to determine what I would need to purchase, but not sure at all.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Honda_Guy said:
MotoBob said:
Mikes03Wing said:
I have the JM helmet and mike install integrated into the intercom of my bike through my Kennedy Tech interface. Works perfect. Bob

http://www.cellset.com/
MotoBob, I have exactly the same set up as you. I already have headsets, now I have to figure out how to speak into my mic to speak thru the cellphone. I have tested it with the supplied mic (works fine), but don't want another cord running to my helmet. I looked at cellset site to determine what I would need to purchase, but not sure at all.
I just have the one JM ordinary cord going to the helmet (interfaced through intercom) The Kennedy Cell set wires are to the GPS (power and audio and one mic wire that plugs in mic slot on GPS) You talk through the intercom => GPS => cell phone. That make sense? Bob

·
Registered
206 Posts
I just bought a Verizon phone, the LG VX8600 Bluetooth phone, and it paired up perfectly with the 2820 and when I select the Phonebook it automatically downloads the Phonebook or syncs it up in about 30 seconds and I am good to go.

Pretty FANTASTIC to see your phonebook displayed on your GPS screen. I don't have a BT headset in my helmet nor do I want one because it is too distracting trying to ride a bike, avoid cagers talking on cellphones but it is nice when you do get a call it is displayed on the screen and if it is someone in your phonebook you will instantly know who it is and then I hit IGNORE and either stop and call them (usually not) or wait until I get gas to get the Voice Mail and then call back.

·
DSI Keeper
9,186 Posts
MotoBob said:
I just have the one JM ordinary cord going to the helmet (interfaced through intercom) The Kennedy Cell set wires are to the GPS (power and audio and one mic wire that plugs in mic slot on GPS) You talk through the intercom => GPS => cell phone. That make sense? Bob
Will that do away with my present wiring? Currently I have a powercord/speaker cord and I am using the stereo out (of the GPS) to aux.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Honda_Guy said:
MotoBob said:
Will that do away with my present wiring? Currently I have a powercord/speaker cord and I am using the stereo out (of the GPS) to aux.
Yours will of course work, I just have mine integrated through the intercom so I can all audio inputs going to my helmet, music, CB, radar, GPS and phone. Kennedy make wiring harnesses for all.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts