GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is taking (WWII Veterans Hwy)288-S, from l 64 eastbound a better way to get around Richmond to I 95-S? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anybody got an opinion?

·
Premium Member
12,497 Posts
Is taking (WWII Veterans Hwy)288-S, from l 64 eastbound a better way to get around Richmond to I 95-S? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Blondie says 288S is ok..
but for something perhaps.. (big on the "perhaps") better..

she said
I-95 to I-195 to 76 to 150 to I-95

looks something like this..

ride safe...

Dennis

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
I like to avoid the entire area. I jump off onto US15 S and head into Farmville where I pick up US340 to pickup 95. Course I'm not making up any time going that way but the scenery and traffic is better. :thumbup:
Anybody got an opinion?

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will check it out on Google Maps. Thanks Guys.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
I take Rt288 all the time going to the mountain's from the beach area. If your looking to make some time from I64E to I95S you cannot beat Rt288 as it will take you way south of Richmond and you will definitely avoid traffic. It is a haul A$$ highway. For a great more scenic ride that is not that much longer and will take you midway down Rt288 you want to get off at Rt522S at Gum Springs off of I64. It is midway between Charlottesville and Richmond. You will come to Rt6 (about 10 miles), go left thru the very small town of Goochland and pick up Rt522S again (only a couple miles thru town). Take that about 10 miles and go left on Rt711. These are very nice roads and Rt711 will run back into Rt288 that again will take you to I95S around the Hopewell Va area. If you can spare a few minutes I would definitely take the route I mapped out. Either way you can't go wrong getting around Richmond. Safe Travels!!!

·
Registered
827 Posts
I route people that way going west after getting in VA from NC on I95.
VTE Fred

1 - 9 of 9 Posts