GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
big changes for the second annual halloween ride in texas

i'm changing the venue a little, instead of riding out of boerne, i'm going
to make the base for the meetings in kerrville like last year.hotel rooms in
boerne are to expensive.

So here is the line up
fridays ride; luchenbach, willow city loop, and coopers bbq for a laste
lunch, then down to enchanted rock state park.

,sat ride the 3 twisted sisters run. We will cover all three roads and have

sun will be free for all,

the super 8 in kerrville is giving us the same rate as last year(rates
59.00) i have ten rooms blocked with 2 queens in each room. with the msta
group there in town its going to fill up fast.

There is also better camping in kerrville

breakfast saturday at destination cycle along with the msta group, there was
over 300 riders there for breakfast last year.

so that's it so far

oct 27 thru the 30 2011 in kerrville texas

we will have at least one truck with a trailer for emergencies, destination
will lay in tires and such extras for wings.

we have three groups attending so far,wings, spyders and valks

t shirts are available for 15 bucks

Attachments

·
Registered
957 Posts
sounds like a fun weekend , have to see if i'm off work that weekend . :yes1:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
halloween ride

hope you can make it

friday ride is shaping up to be enchanted rock, willow city and llano and doss down to harper

sat is breakfast at destination cycle at 8am and then the three twisted sisters.

sun free ride

·
Registered
755 Posts
Open ride?

Is this ride open to anyone who wishes to attend, not as a part of a group? I used to ride this area once a year with a Kaw group before I went the Wing route. I have not found a Wing group yet in the Weatherford area.

Thanks,

·
Registered
642 Posts
Would love to come and visit Kendall County and area. My sister and brother-in-law lived there in 1967 & 1968, he was the first pastor at the current Presbyterian Church just as and it was built.

Can't make your ride this year but maybe sometime in the future? Hope all goes well for your guys!

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Once again that 4 letter word (work) is in the way of my riding time. Y'all have a great time and be very careful.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Anybody thinking about camping for this? It may be the only way I could do the whole weekend, and a good excuse to do some camping.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Is this ride open to anyone who wishes to attend, not as a part of a group? I used to ride this area once a year with a Kaw group before I went the Wing route. I have not found a Wing group yet in the Weatherford area.

Thanks,
the more the merrier, we will have a great time got 31 signed up so far

please sign the registration form and email it to me, be glad to see your smiling face

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
deadline for registration coming close

deadline is this friday the 30 of sept. if you are even thinking about being there sign up, where we eat and what entertainment we have is based on the numbers.

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
camping

the one group has opted out of camping and is staying at the super 8, the other is actually rv'ing and staying at the guadelupe river resort in kerrville which is probably the nicest rv/camping in all of texas. anyone else camping let us know

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
rider canceled, as non refundable room

we just had a rider cancel from the halloween hill country ride and his room is non refundable, if you want a k/s non smoking then pm me and i will give you the rider's info and you can take his room

·
Registered
957 Posts
Can't make it for the ride , have to work . I'm going to be there in truck filling up deer feeders a couple days before you guys get started , but be back to work by the weekend . Good luck on the ride and everyone enjoy . :thumbup:

·
Registered
957 Posts
Wish i was getting to hunt this trip , but just a quick day trip down to medinia to get feeders going . I rode back from that area a few weeks ago at night deer everywhere , not planning on doing that again . Way too many along side the roads at night . :22yikes:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts