GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put on a new CT today after 19k on the first one dunlap 3000, 2/32 left in the center and 4/32 on sides.
Ran this tire at 33 psi for the whole 19k road and handled well.
Reading all the darksider,s that have had input on the forum about the mich PA3 run flat, I went with that one for my 2nd CT, I,m hitting the road to blairsville,GA on Monday and Can,t wait to see how my wing handles..:lol: I think a 700 mile test run will tell the story!!! Thanks to all u guys for the helpful info..

Attachments

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
new tire

You wil love it. I wore out 2 Dunlops, then a Perelli, then 2 Michelins. It will feel much more like a MT than the Dunlop did and stick like glue. Ride safe out there!

·
Special Administrator "Internal Affairs" To Facili
6,944 Posts
Put on a new CT today after 19k on the first one dunlap 3000, 2/32 left in the center and 4/32 on sides.
Reading all the darksider,s that have had input on the forum about the mich PA3 run flat, I went with that one for my 2nd CT, I,m hitting the road to blairsville,GA on Monday and Can,t wait to see how my wing handles..:lol: I think a 700 mile test run will tell the story!!! Thanks to all u guys for the helpful info..
Unless you are a very hard charger you love the Alpin. I have not tried very many CTs but the Alpin is the softest riding one I have tried. Your picture looks like your old tire was to the wear bars. Maybe the picture is misleading.

·
Registered
19,164 Posts

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
got my 2nd Alpin ready to go,the exist has 24k on it.
ran it w/ 29 -31 psi & the wear is pretty even across the tire..

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
The two tires are not even in the same league . The Alpin is way rounder and transitions very nicely . It's a smoother ride also. I am willing to bet you will really love it .

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I have 500 miles and change on my Alpin ZP and love it so far . Had a Dunni Sport 5000 the 1st CT got 16 k and a hankook H426 for my 2nd CT got 16k on that as well so we'll see what i get on the Alpin. Running 32 lbs on the Alpin.:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
CT

WELCOME to the Forum. I think you made a good choice with the Michelin Alpin. Good luck. Be safe and enjoy the ride. Larry

·
IronMan
17,462 Posts
I WENT FROM DUNNIE 5000 RF TO ALPINE COUPLE YEARS AGO . PUT IT ON AND WENT TO TURN AROUND CORNER OF BUILDING AND ALMOST FELL OVER !!!! COULDNT BELIEVE HOW EASY IT "FELL" INTO CORNER !!;) GREAT TIRE FOR MY STILE . BE SAVE. MILES = SMILES :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
I WENT FROM DUNNIE 5000 RF TO ALPINE COUPLE YEARS AGO . PUT IT ON AND WENT TO TURN AROUND CORNER OF BUILDING AND ALMOST FELL OVER !!!! COULDNT BELIEVE HOW EASY IT "FELL" INTO CORNER !!;) GREAT TIRE FOR MY STILE . BE SAVE. MILES = SMILES :thumbup:

I remember feeling this when I turned out of my driveway after putting the Alpin on. Turns very nicely and feels just like a bike tire to me. To further reinforce this feeling, I just got a new Wing less than a week ago and riding it home and now around here I don't feel the G704 bike tire feels any different than the Alpin. So my new Alpin is going on real soon. Trouble is, my other rims don't have TPMS sensors. Anyone have a quick ( read cheap ) fix for this?

·
DSI Keeper
9,159 Posts
.... Trouble is, my other rims don't have TPMS sensors. Anyone have a quick ( read cheap ) fix for this?

Cheapest? Black electrical tape.

Next in line, reverse register the sensors.

Next, swap front and rear sensors,

Next, trade in on a pre '09.

Shall I continue? :lol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts