GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 20 of 155 Posts

· Registered
2,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had such a great time and folks wanted to keep this going, so we discussed our next meet and eat and some names were tossed around.

Let's make it official and come up with a place. Need your ideas.

Someone brought up Warm Springs and stated there were two great restaurants. Some brought up the steak house "Benton Lee's steakhouse in Uvalda Ga". Just doesn't matter to me, let's just make this happen..

Your thoughts !!!!!:popcorn:

So far...Looks like "Warm Springs" and that is fine with me too. I'll check the calendar and decide on a date that even the Florida folks can make.Yes Bentwing, check on the place (Bulloch House) and see what we need to do. Keep a check here for some kind of a head count.
To those that have never been there, it is a great place to eat and the food is out of this world "country style". But I need to warn you, the back parking lot is gravel. It's do-able, just have to be careful.

Okay, unless we hear otherwise, let's make it Feb 28th at 12:00. If Bentwing is unable to contact Bulloch House by this weekend. I'll give them a call and make sure they can handle us.

· Registered
222 Posts
Most of the points on my favorite destinations link below are restaurants. Don't know why, it just turned out that way. Really.

Buckner's in Jackson is great food and would be pretty central, but I don't know of much good riding around there.

Warm Springs does have some good restaurants, is a fun destination (some shopping, ice cream, leather shop, ..etc) and does have some pretty good riding nearby. That would be my vote.

· Registered
359 Posts
Warm Springs
:agree:

Never been there so it would be interesting to see something new.

· Registered
9,388 Posts
Warm Springs:yes1:

· Registered
841 Posts
I was going to suggest the Bullock House in Warm Springs. The food is buffet style home cooking and it is outstanding. I's a tad more expensive than Emilio's but is worth the difference. People come from miles around to eat there. I live in Columbus, which is about 30 miles away. If we decide to go there I'll be glad to try to make some arrangements....

· Registered
2013 Red GW
5,937 Posts
If yall pick a date that don't fall on one of our lunch runs here in Florida, some of us will probably come up. If it ain't too cold:lol::lol:

· Registered
841 Posts
Warms Springs is a neat place. It is where the world famous Warm Springs Rehap hospital is and was FDR's favorite place. The natural warm springs are known for their healing power. FDR discovered Warm Springs when he was being treated for Polio. The "Little White House" where FDR lived is just out of town. Nearby is FDR State Park and Pine Mountain. There is a highway that goes over the top of Pine Mountain that is a short, but good ride with a few mild twisties that ends at another famous restaurant...The Country Store....and is just a mile or two from Callaway Gardens. Great views all around.

· Registered
3,569 Posts
Warms Springs is a neat place. It is where the world famous Warm Springs Rehap hospital is and was FDR's favorite place. The natural warm springs are known for their healing power. FDR discovered Warm Springs when he was being treated for Polio. The "Little White House" where FDR lived is just out of town. Nearby is FDR State Park and Pine Mountain. There is a highway that goes over the top of Pine Mountain that is a short, but good ride with a few mild twisties that ends at another famous restaurant...The Country Store....and is just a mile or two from Callaway Gardens. Great views all around.
But try to go in Callaway Gardens on a motorcycle.Not allowed. They let a fund raising ride in 2 years ago. First time ever. Warm Springs is a quaint little town though.

· Registered
389 Posts
I have a suggestion, since we started this on the last saturday of the month, why don't we go with the last saturday of the month (28 Feb). If we want to keep on doing this (why not) we can just plan the last saturday of every month with new places all over Georgia.

Unless someone has any heartburn, let's go with 28 Feb, 1200, at the Bullock House in Warm Springs.

· Registered
2,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The Bulloch House Restaurant and Gift Shop
- (706) 655-9068
Located within walking distance of downtown Warm Springs is the Bulloch House featuring a wonderful country buffet with meats and southern style home-cooked vegetables. Their specialty is fried chicken and well known for their mouth-watering fried green tomatoes. Select menu items are also available. The Bulloch House is open daily for lunch from 11:00 am til 2:30 pm and on Friday and Saturday nights from 5:00 pm til 8:30 pm.

· Registered
841 Posts
I'll be glad to call them tomorrow. I think the word will spread and we'll probably have more than last time so I'll tell them thirty people for the 28th at noon if you guys think that's about right.
I might have to do some field research this Sat just to make sure that the food is ok!! I ate there about a month ago and the parking lot is gravel... not too sloppy but still, gravel is gravel :eek:4: I'll check it out again to make sure and let everybody know.

1 - 20 of 155 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.