GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got it narrowed down to 3 choices for a camcorder:

GoPro - Pros: readily available, I am able to see/feel/touch in the store, weatherproof housing, small size
Cons: have to buy the LCD viewer, not sure if I can run it off the power outlet

Contour - Pros:Can't think of any
Cons: no viewer, charger costs extra, can't find any stocking retailers

Hoyt - Pros: built in LCD viewfinder, rotatable lens for different mountings, can run off power outlet, charger included
Cons: Can't find any retailers

I'm kind of leaning toward the Hoyt, but not having seen one, I'm reluctant to spend the coin. Anybody have the new HCX-HD1 model they can comment on??

·
Registered
7,797 Posts
I've got it narrowed down to 3 choices for a camcorder:

GoPro - Pros: readily available, I am able to see/feel/touch in the store, weatherproof housing, small size
Cons: have to buy the LCD viewer, not sure if I can run it off the power outlet

Contour - Pros:Can't think of any
Cons: no viewer, charger costs extra, can't find any stocking retailers

Hoyt - Pros: built in LCD viewfinder, rotatable lens for different mountings, can run off power outlet, charger included
Cons: Can't find any retailers

I'm kind of leaning toward the Hoyt, but not having seen one, I'm reluctant to spend the coin. Anybody have the new HCX-HD1 model they can comment on??
I had exactly the same dilemma. I finally chose the GoPro and placed an order a couple of days ago because of the super video quality and the abundance of accessories available for it. I figure I can decide after using it a while if I will need to purchase the LCD BacPac (viewfinder). Just a side note. The Hoyt MSR200 has been discontinued. I don't know if a newer model will take it's place or not.

BTW - You can run the GoPro off the bike power. You will either need to drill a hole in the camera housing or purchase another back with a cut-out for the power cable.

·
Registered
250 Posts
The GoPro Suction mount, available for $26, sticks HARD and well to the Wing plastic...I can mount it right on the nose. I tried using the handlebar mount on the engine guard, but that was a bit awkward....sort of got it to work, but it was a pain.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The new Hoyt is the HDX-HD1....$279 from the manufacturer

·
Registered
474 Posts
Gopro

I got the go pro and have been very happy with it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts