GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '08 only had one pigtail in the trunk but I didn't use it. I ran outlet straight to battery with a 15A fuse wired in. I want to put a plug-an'-play one in the trunk of my '13 that I don't need to run to the battery. There are 3 pigtails in the trunk a red, white, and blue one (mother honda trying to show loyalty to good ole usa?). Which one do I connect to? I assume red or white. Also what is the electrical box in the upper part of the trunk where these colored pigtails come from?

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
The box is for the remote lock system. One is brake lights for spoiler. One is battery hot, which I think is red. Don't remember the other one is.

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,377 Posts
My '08 only had one pigtail in the trunk but I didn't use it. I ran outlet straight to battery with a 15A fuse wired in. I want to put a plug-an'-play one in the trunk of my '13 that I don't need to run to the battery. There are 3 pigtails in the trunk a red, white, and blue one (mother honda trying to show loyalty to good ole usa?). Which one do I connect to? I assume red or white. Also what is the electrical box in the upper part of the trunk where these colored pigtails come from?
The spoiler brakelight is the white connector.
The optional internal trunk light is the red connector.
Sorry, don’t remember a blue connector.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
The blue is for the tail light circuit.

Ron, I have the mating connectors and pins on hand if you need a harness made up, come on up to the house (2 miles up the road) and I can make something up for you.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
The blue is for the tail light circuit.

Ron, I have the mating connectors and pins on hand if you need a harness made up, come on up to the house (2 miles up the road) and I can make something up for you.
Thanks Steve, that is very nice of you. I will, if I don't find a plug and play. I want to be able to charge a tablet. I am assuming the red connector would be the one. Wonder, if it hot all the time though, like rrscott believes?

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Thanks Steve, that is very nice of you. I will, if I don't find a plug and play. I want to be able to charge a tablet. I am assuming the red connector would be the one. Wonder, if it hot all the time though, like rrscott believes?
Yes the red one is hot all the time, that is the one Honda uses for the trunk interior dome light.

I would use the blue one for the tail lights, that way it charges your tablet while you are riding, not while you are parked.

I have a left over 12 volt to USB adapter in the garage, I planned to use it for a light in the trunk, but decided to make a dome light instead, you welcome to it if you want it.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes the red one is hot all the time, that is the one Honda uses for the trunk interior dome light.

I would use the blue one for the tail lights, that way it charges your tablet while you are riding, not while you are parked.

I have a left over 12 volt to USB adapter in the garage, I planned to use it for a light in the trunk, but decided to make a dome light instead, you welcome to it if you want it.[/QUOTE

Thanks again Steve, I have a couple of those. I may take you up on the 2 pin connector though.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
OK just give me a ring at 386-314-eight five eight 8

1 - 8 of 8 Posts