GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A friend layed his bike over this weekend. I told him I'll help him replace the parts and get him back on the road. Look at the pictures and if you have anything I may need, please message me.
Thanks
Dave

Attachments

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
I may not have the parts to help him, BUT I do know that I had tears in my eyeslooking at that bike all scratched up :crying::crying::crying:

I truly hope he's ok and not hurt

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
Dang! I do have a left side saddle bag, from my 2010....When I trike her out

Ronnie

·
Registered
5,259 Posts
Is he OK?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Ouch! I pray he’s OK! I also assume he’s insured!

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Sorry to hear about your friend. Hope he's OK.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
He survived without a scratch! Had protective gear on. A little sore though...
Bike was not insured. Actually rode it home 1.5 hours after the accident. Says it rode straight.Just cosmetic damage.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
How'd he bust off both mirrors?! High side?

·
Registered
2018 Honda Gold Wing
7,581 Posts
Bike is likely totaled...there will be damage that would not be seen til the bike is all apart...theres damage front and back and both sides of the bike...just damaged plastic totals out Gold Wings so easily especially if they are more than a few years old. The only way to save that bike is to do all the work yourself but still going to cost a lot of money replacing everything that is damaged. See the picture below, it my uncles 08 back in 09...it doesn't look all that much, but it was a can of worms once the work started...insurance paid nearly 10K to fix that bike back in 09 and the the bike never went down after the impact.

Attachments

·
IronMan
17,639 Posts
bike is likely totaled...there will be damage that would not be seen til the bike is all apart...theres damage front and back and both sides of the bike...just damaged plastic totals out gold wings so easily especially if they are more than a few years old. The only way to save that bike is to do all the work yourself but still going to cost a lot of money replacing everything that is damaged. See the picture below, it my uncles 08 back in 09...it doesn't look all that much, but it was a can of worms once the work started...insurance paid nearly 10k to fix that bike back in 09 and the the bike never went down after the impact.
ya people just look at the plastic damage. For stuff to line back up all the "little " frames get bent and need replaceing or nothing lines up. Think there called " stays" .

·
IronMan
17,639 Posts
a friend layed his bike over this weekend. I told him i'll help him replace the parts and get him back on the road. Look at the pictures and if you have anything i may need, please message me.
Thanks
dave
ck for sale board someone selling mirror housing minus the glass in red

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a complete left Mirror housing. I came off 2006 Cabernet Red (R303M) Excellent condition except the mirror is broken. Posted it on the Forum yesterday. under terry614. contact me at [email protected] if interested.

·
IronMan
17,639 Posts
Bike is likely totaled...there will be damage that would not be seen til the bike is all apart...theres damage front and back and both sides of the bike...just damaged plastic totals out Gold Wings so easily especially if they are more than a few years old. The only way to save that bike is to do all the work yourself but still going to cost a lot of money replacing everything that is damaged. See the picture below, it my uncles 08 back in 09...it doesn't look all that much, but it was a can of worms once the work started...insurance paid nearly 10K to fix that bike back in 09 and the the bike never went down after the impact.
AINT TOTALED IF NO INSURANCE ! :surprise::frown2:

Reactions: Breezly

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Three thoughts:
If he ever wanted to change the color . . . . now would be an excellent "opportunity" to do so.
Nice to know the driver wasn't seriously hurt.
Might as well change the Air Filter . . . as long as access to it has been improved.

·
Registered
273 Posts
wow hate to see that with no insurance

if he does decide to scrap it and start over I need the radio from the trunk

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Would the rear bags from a 2012 fit ? I'm getting ready to trike mine out and if I call them they will save the saddle bags..
they should be tearing mine down in the next two weeks... And it even looks like the same color. Does he need a final drive or anything else that would come from a bike that's being triked. The only downside is I probably couldn't get the parts in the next few weeks... How soon does he need them ?

·
Registered
678 Posts
I believe that he does not need the parts for 17 years if i am reading his want add right 3016. its nice to know honda is going to still be making 1800 then . just trying to trow some humor in here

·
IronMan
17,639 Posts
I believe that he does not need the parts for 17 years if i am reading his want add right 3016. its nice to know honda is going to still be making 1800 then . just trying to trow some humor in here
"TROW" YOU WENT TO SAME SCHOOL AS ME N HIM ! :surprise::wink2::laugh:

·
Registered
218 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts