GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Chard Member
12,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my first nice ride since May 3 when I did the major crash and burn. I've done some riding, but only short 100-150 mile runs. The weather was great this morning, lower 70's. Only in the mid 80's on the way home this afternoon. The Florida prime riding season will be here soon...... Now if I could only figure out how to turn on this GSP on the bike. Oh Well, I didn't get lost because I didn't use it. ROFL...

It was a great day to be alive...... :) :) Now to plan a little road trip to Tn before it snows. :wink:

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Red:

Welcome back in the Saddle. It appears you got a new ride along the way.

Tim

·
Chard Member
12,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
INTHEWIND said:
RED.
What did 'ya get????? Pics???

later..Randy
The Wing I have now is a '06 ABS drk red! I had the '05 Wing when I had my accident, but that's not the bike I went down on. I wrecked "Sharons" Road King.

·
Registered
57 Posts
but that's not the bike I went down on. I wrecked "Sharons" Road King.

I know you survived the wreak but how did you make it thru getting home and explaining what happened?....LOL

·
Chard Member
12,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
jbry5 said:
but that's not the bike I went down on. I wrecked "Sharons" Road King.

I know you survived the wreak but how did you make it thru getting home and explaining what happened?....LOL
I spent 13 days in the hospital after the accident so I had plenty of time to come up with excuses. :wink: She didn't beat me until I started feeling better! LOL..

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Glad you're back. The good thing about that GPS is once you set the home location, no matter where you are all you have to do is press home and it will map you there. You don't even have to click your heels 3 times!

P

·
0 Posts
Good to hear your back up on two, Red. It's nice ya passed 300 today, that's a good ride.
Congrats

Pat

·
Registered
552 Posts
Red said:
Had my first nice ride since May 3 when I did the major crash and burn. I've done some riding, but only short 100-150 mile runs. The weather was great this morning, lower 70's. Only in the mid 80's on the way home this afternoon. The Florida prime riding season will be here soon...... Now if I could only figure out how to turn on this GSP on the bike. Oh Well, I didn't get lost because I didn't use it. ROFL...
Nothing like a good ride to get back into the groove. :yes1:

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Red,

We have you penned in for Cats-Cade 07, June 1 - 3.

Be good to have you up here in Yankee land.

Dawg

·
15 year Member
6,867 Posts
RED

Even though we are misrable angry mob, we would like to say.....

WELCOME BACK RED!!!!!!

Matt(Ashland,MA) :yes:

·
Gold Member
1,425 Posts
HoooooRah!

That news does my heart good. A definite high point in the board community.

Bradford

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Glad to hear about the ride and getting back into the saddle. I know it does the your spirits well to ride again. J|ust do not overdo it, as it will sneak up on you the next day after your ride.

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
No fair. I haven't caught up to your last winters mileage yet. :p

If the snow holds off for a couple more months, maybe I still have a chance. :lol:

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Great news, Red - glad to hear you're back in the saddle again (that would make a good title for a song, don't you think?). Your GPS story reminds me of what Brian Black told Shooter come time ago. He said, "I don't need no $450 GPS to tell me I'm lost!"

I expect you'll start racking up the mileage again, real soon now. Just be careful out there. Well, one back in the saddle and several more to go.

Mesquite Bob

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Red,
glad your back. Your post reminds me of one of my all time favorite motorcycle riding songs.
GENE AUTRY's, "He's back in the saddle again" :D
Ride Red,
the hobo

1 - 20 of 27 Posts