GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Love Bugs that is. Man Florida, can't you keep your bugs in your borders?
Look at Jan Kokochak's 1st picture in the posting titled "Three Pictures".
I only got about 1/4 that bad.

When we left for the Hal's BBQ last Friday, we were on a beautifully
cleaned bike. Within a few miles, the yellow guts started. After about
an hour of traveling North, we never hit another.

Look what this poor fellow picked up.

Hey Texas, we are starting to get too many Opossums on the Half Shell
around here too. Can you call back your Armadillos?

Thanks, Herb

·
Registered
403 Posts
We reserve the right to export our LoveBugs to any state that hasn't yet had the pleasure of them! :D Its our little way of saying "thinkin of you..." You should be down here in May, during the little buggers annual Spring outing! We just hide our bikes (and Becky's Corvette...) in the garage for about 2 weeks!

·
Registered
56 Posts
g1nomad said:
Love Bugs that is. Man Florida, can't you keep your bugs in your borders?

Man have I got to agree with you :!: :!:
Rode Bluffton,Hilton Head than back to Savannah
WHAT A MESS :evil: :evil: :evil: :!:
I use Plexas on front makes it easier to clean off.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
pbird49 said:
What's the difference between a love bug and a moth?

Pat
Acid. Love bug juice will burn the paint off your vehicle if they aren't washed off within a good amount of time.

Mike

·
Registered
163 Posts
Love Bugs and Armadillos

Hey, at least we made the armadillos leave the Lone Star beer back in Texas. They're ornery little critters when they've been drinkin'!!! :lol:

·
Registered
241 Posts
Re: Love Bugs and Armadillos

winggirl said:
Hey, at least we made the armadillos leave the Lone Star beer back in Texas. They're ornery little critters when they've been drinkin'!!! :lol:
As a little kid in Louisiana, I found 2 baby 'dillos in the yard and put them in a big box in my garage. Of course, by morming there was nothing in the box but a big hole. Found one and let him go. 2 months later, I found the other one, rolled completely up in a plastic tarp. Still alive! But he must have had a few of those Lone Stars, cuz he wasn't happy at all.

·
Registered
552 Posts
pronomian said:
pbird49 said:
What's the difference between a love bug and a moth?

Pat
Acid. Love bug juice will burn the paint off your vehicle if they aren't washed off within a good amount of time.

Mike
Yep... that's why you want to coat your gold wing with some spray on cooking oil if you are riding in bug country. My gay friend has this really good smelling oil that he puts on his gold wing. All of the other wingers that ride with us comment on how good his bike smells. Funny thing is maybe becuase his bike smells so good, the bugs don't hit his bike as much as the rest. We have contests on who can kill the most bugs and get nearest to the bullseye when we ride. My gay friend always loses cause his bike smells so good to us, but to the bugs it probably stinks. :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts