GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope those figures are accurate because I need to get my bike up to 110hp with at least 120 ft lbs of torque. I AM NOT going to let another Goldwing kick my A$$ again. It has happened twice now, those big pigs are fast. They put out 104hp with 109 torque and weigh 792lbs with an 1832cc engine. I am hoping a full custom dyno, new cam, full exhaust, high flow A/C, and SERT will do the trick !!

2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screaming Eagle Ultra Classic
Screaming Eagle Touring Slip Ons with Perf baffle
SERT
Ness Big Sucker

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
If not, another $20,000 should. Nothing goes faster than $$ squared.

·
Firm Member
3,159 Posts
Jan,
Is this a neighbor of yours?

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
polly said:
I hope those figures are accurate because I need to get my bike up to 110hp with at least 120 ft lbs of torque. I AM NOT going to let another Goldwing kick my A$$ again. It has happened twice now, those big pigs are fast. They put out 104hp with 109 torque and weigh 792lbs with an 1832cc engine. I am hoping a full custom dyno, new cam, full exhaust, high flow A/C, and SERT will do the trick !!

SERT
Ness Big Sucker
Sounds like you'll Void your warrenty, Better wait until it runs out before doing your engine MODS- Also you don't want to do your sert it will effect your recall. :)

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
polly said:

SERT
Ness Big Sucker
You could have bought a V-Rod.. They regularly chew up Wings, as long as you can hold on to the bars!!!

·
Registered
700 Posts
polly said:
I am hoping a full custom dyno, new cam, full exhaust, high flow A/C, and SERT will do the trick !!

SERT
Ness Big Sucker
NOT A CHANCE ! This is not a bashing post, but the only way a twin cam can keep up with a Goldwing is MAJOR engine work. Exhaust, cam and chip just won't get it done, take my word for it. Even the 2007 110ci SE can't stay with a Goldwing. Now a V-Rod is a different story.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Did you catch the TV show "Pinks" a few weeks ago? A guy lost his real nice V-Rod to a 1993 Suzuki GSX 1100. But they asked him "Are you Sure you want to risk losing your New Big Bucks HD to a $2500 motorcycle".....needless to say he wasn't happy with an empty trailer. :cry:

·
Registered
19,386 Posts
If you want speed just buy any 600cc crotch rocket. They go 130 and will beat the Wing off the line. Or for that mater sell your hog and get any Jap cruiser. They will all smoke a Harley

30K and counting --what a waste of money

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
Not if he does not think it is, not if you ask the guy making the parts......

·
Legend in His Own Mind
4,671 Posts
polly said:

SERT
Ness Big Sucker
Hate to throw fuel on your fire or be anal with ya but your GW specs aren't exactly accurate. According to Honda powersports they are as follows: Horsepower 118, torque 125, dry weight 799 as delivered 822. Cycle World mag. tested the Goldwings performance with a pro rider. 0-60 mph @3.3 seconds, 1/4 mile 12.78 @ 106 mph.

·
Fire Eating Member
6,473 Posts
Shoot guys... but a Kaw ZX-14 or is it a XZ-14..for about $11k.. it has
196hp out the box.. when you pull the trigger on this bike.. you had better have it pointed straight.. then just hang on..........................

this bike will prolly out run a Wing or V-Rod in 3 gear...

cosmic

·
Registered
2,582 Posts

My friend has modified his trike so it will beat any Harley!

·
Are we there yet?
2,344 Posts
laen said:
If you want speed just buy any 600cc crotch rocket. They go 130 and will beat the Wing off the line. Or for that mater sell your hog and get any Jap cruiser. They will all smoke a Harley

I beg to differ laen, I have a friend with a cbr600. I can stay stuck to him like glue till we break into tripple digits then he starts to ease away from me. I can also kick his ass in the twisties.

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Falaman2u... dont put to much stock in that show pinks.. Locals found out the bike was a rental and ended up right back at the dealer. The show or episode like many shows you see was staged. I always wondered why they would start out a race at a strip with a wave of a flag when there is a tree there to use? Anyway ever since I learned the show is a typical scam I stopped watching. Figures though, how many people can you get to race for pinks with vehicles costing what they so now days.

·
Legend in His Own Mind
4,671 Posts
cosmic_chariot said:
Shoot guys... but a Kaw ZX-14 or is it a XZ-14..for about $11k.. it has
196hp out the box.. when you pull the trigger on this bike.. you had better have it pointed straight.. then just hang on..........................

this bike will prolly out run a Wing or V-Rod in 3 gear...

cosmic
Your right C.C.,
But thats apples and oranges, those Kaw bikes are true performance oriented brutes and factory superbikes of sorts. I think Polly was just compairing the two "touring bikes" performance not trying to stack 'em up against everything out there. The Wing is not about all out brute acceleration but it does do a fantastic job for 800lb touring bike. Bottomline: it'll outrun, outhandle, and outclass everything else in it's touring (not sport touring)class, and quite a few others as well. 8) :1st: :clap2: Terry

·
Registered
20,009 Posts
I think this idea falls under the category of "You can, but why?" :lol:

Isn't the Screaming Eagle option already loaded with all of Harley's best racing parts, making it borderline street legal already due to high emissions problems?

·
Registered
20,009 Posts
Teaser 1 said:
[
Hate to throw fuel on your fire or be anal with ya but your GW specs aren't exactly accurate. According to Honda powersports they are as follows: Horsepower 118, torque 125, dry weight 799 as delivered 822. Cycle World mag. tested the Goldwings performance with a pro rider. 0-60 mph @3.3 seconds, 1/4 mile 12.78 @ 106 mph.
Teaser,
Don't get too wound up with Honda's numbers. They are tainted. Honda rates their bikes "at the crank". Harley as well as aftermarket tuners use the more accurate Bhp (brake horsepower) figures, which measure horsepower and torque and the rear wheels. The Goldwing' actual brake horsepower is barely at 100hp. Some have come up with as high as 103, but most are a bit lower.

Polly's numbers are fairly close, but a bit optimistic.

·
Legend in His Own Mind
4,671 Posts
LarryM said:
Teaser 1 said:
[
Teaser,
Don't get too wound up with Honda's numbers. They are tainted. Honda rates their bikes "at the crank". Harley as well as aftermarket tuners use the more accurate Bhp (brake horsepower) figures, which measure horsepower and torque and the rear wheels. The Goldwing' actual brake horsepower is barely at 100hp. Some have come up with as high as 103, but most are a bit lower.

Polly's numbers are fairly close, but a bit optimistic.
I'm not wound up at all. Those numbers are as accurate as any other vehicle manufacturers performance specifications. A dynomometer would certainly reveal inconsistencies with every manufacturer perfomance spec. or claims. Thats really all we as consumers have to go off of, or we could just pull some numbers out of our a$$ like you do!! :roll:

·
Registered
20,009 Posts
or we could just pull some numbers out of our a$$ like you do!!
Where the hell did that crap come from? I posted a civil response to your post. You didn't have to be a dick about it. :evil: You are obviously already a know it all that can't stand a normal exchange of viewpoints, so I'm done.

·
Registered
552 Posts
polly said:

Polly if you are serious you might want to think about it. I could see some major overheating problems and warranty could be an issue. I had an 05 SCREAMING EAGLE 103. I fixed the problem. I sold the HD for 30 grand and bought a new 05 Wing for 15 grand.

]

1 - 20 of 30 Posts