GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Immortal Member
3,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

35 years ago my Bride said yes to me and to the Lord, for better or for worse.​

While there has been a lot of "worse" throughout our marriage, we have been blessed far beyond anything that can be humanly measured or understood.​

One week after our marriage I shipped out TDY to Vandenberg AFB for 3 months to assist in a Titan II ICBM launch and refurb of the launch site.​

After that, things went sideways with a divorce (I could tell you things about my ex-wife that would make your hair curl) and remarriage (Too much "help" from friends and family can cause a lot of trouble in a young marriage)​

Then there was the sudden death of our three year old son from an aneurysm when Deanna was 9 months pregnant and the subsequent birth of our eldest Daughter a few days later, with two other children in the next couple of years.​

Deanna has survived a couple of bouts with cancer and then was diagnosed with multiple scleroses which left her completely paralyzed and bed ridden for some time.
If you've noticed, she gets around with a cane nowadays due to being a little "imbalanced" from MS and she also to tries and keep me in line with it...
I know exactly how long that cane is...​

With several back and neck surgeries that were due to the degenerative results of MS she is a real trooper to even ride with me still.​

But even through all of the challenges she has put up with personally, the greatest challenge has been being married to me all these years.​

The real story isn't about the length of our marriage,
but the strength of this amazing woman who has stayed with me through it all.​

So to celebrate this milestone, we took a motorcycle ride down to Ouray Colorado this weekend and had an incredible time.​

We stayed at the Hot Springs Inn on the north side of town.​

Nice rooms with private river front balconies for each room. Leaving the windows open to hear the river lull you to sleep at night was just perfect.​

And the riding in S.W. Colorado is just incredible!​

So to all our friends and the very fine people we've been able to meet via this forum, thanks.
Thank you for being a part of this adventure that we call life and we hope to meet you down the road someday.​

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Awesome story... and awesome trip!

Thanks for sharing!! :)

Bob

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Congratulations and that was a very touching piece. May you two have another 35 years with everyone being better than than the last.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Nice report & pictures; my lovely bride of nearly 30 yrs and I are at the Hot Springs in on June 26th.

I am sure we will enjoy it also.

Thanks for posting

·
Registered
83 Posts
35 years?

OK, so where are the OLD people??

All I see is a YOUNG couple very much in love anticipating the wonderful
35 years in front of them!

:capwin: :superman1:

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
OK, so where are the OLD people??

All I see is a YOUNG couple very much in love anticipating the wonderful
35 years in front of them!

:capwin: :superman1:
Great story - thanks for posting it!

Sincerely,
An Old(er) person staring 50 years of a great marriage in the face.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Congrats!
25 yrs here and spent it in Colorado as well.
See latest sig pic. That was last wednesday just south of Gunnison.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
It will be 37 years for me and my bride, come this November. There is something to be said about negotiating through lifes hardships and challenges together with the love of your life -- and you and your wife seemed to have been given some difficult ones to handle.

Although I've never met you (I would be honored, however) this Irish blessing seems appropriate for you both:

“May the road rise up to meet you, may the wind be ever at your back. May the sun shine warm upon your face and the rain fall softly on your fields. And until we meet again, May God hold you in the hollow of his hand.”

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Strong and sustained marriages seem so out of style nowadays. It does us all good when they're acknowledged and celebrated. Congrats on yours and thanks for letting us help you celebrate. Most of us guys are lucky to have anyone take us.

·
Banned
1,855 Posts
Excellent story!!!:thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Ouray

Congratulations
It will be 37 years in August for us. My son and I met you and your bride at Rockies Gold last year for a short visit. My wife had to leave and go to her fathers side as he was very sick in the hospital.
I truly believe that God has the perfect mate out there for each of us if we only seek HIS will and although as with everything else, we WE get involved WE will mess it up but through it all comes a great blessing. One of my great pleasures is to reach back rest my hand on my wifes knee as we ride. I don't like riding without her...I don't like not being with her and in my business I am away about two weeks a month. I just got off a Skype video call with her...we just like to talk and see each other everyday.

May God continue to bless each of you for many more years to come.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Congrats Podo!! I've been married 20 years to the same woman. That's a record for me!!

BTW-Where are the waterfalls in the fourth pic??

·
Registered
858 Posts
Congratulations to you both! Ain't it great when the Lord picks em for us?

·
Registered
812 Posts
God bless you both and thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Congrats

I have stayed at the Hot Springs Inn and can't think of a nicer place to celebrate a wonderful marriage.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Way to go. blame it on the good lord ,will ya.I've had my ol gal for 42 yrs now still can't use to her but what gona do.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
That is wonderful, sadness and gladness comes in each of our lives, its great to see how beautifully you two have handled it. Im glad you posted this and it makes me happy for the both of you.
Ride Safe

1 - 20 of 32 Posts