GL1800Riders Forums banner

376 Firmware Update released (ver 3.6)

899 views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Toyo 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Thanks Fred. I just updated the last one last week. After that my stopped time on my trip computer will not work properly. I will do this upgrade now. BTW I started to get the screen hazing you had. I have an RMA # with Garmin but I have not had a chance to send it back in. I hate being without it!

#3 ·
Toyo said:
...BTW I started to get the screen hazing you had. I have an RMA # with Garmin but I have not had a chance to send it back in. I hate being without it!
I guess this statement was premature:

Toyo said:
Posted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 3:18 am
  • ... So far the screen saver, which is a piece of clear, is working perfect. I have had it on for about a month now. No scratches, and the clraity is perfect. I would recommened yall get these. They really work good...
It looks like the 376 owners are starting to sound like the iWay owners, and some are starting to get close to the same mortality rate :lol:
Obviously, Lowrance hasn't cornered the market on 'bleeding edge' design issues.

#5 ·
Toyo said:
I have not had half as many problems with my 376 as Lamont has. I use my gps everyday, whether I am in my car or bike.
Lamont is the exception (in so many ways :) ) and not the norm...

I use my iWay everyday (rain or shine) as well (mostly on the bike since I don't normally use the car). I believe you, Fred, Sheila and I are all on the same number of units, but the iWay has a disastorous failure reputation.

I hope they figure out what's happening with the 376 screens - it's a great unit that offers features not matched by anyone else yet. Did your screen haze even though you had the screen protector installed?

#8 ·
Jon, it has nothig to do with the screen protector. It does seam like a bad LCD screen. Looks like somebody spilled a couple of drops of milk oin there. It is not that noticable, but I know its not right and will more than likely get worse.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.